The Instron® TestMaster AT3 (tensile) and AT3+ (flex) Automated Testing System uses an innovative design for the automatic tensile and/or flexural testing of plastic specimens. Adhering to the testing requirements of ASTM D638 and D790, ISO 527 and 178, as well as other testing standards, the system provides many of the benefits of the robotic AT6 systems, but in a smaller footprint.
- Safety & Ergonomics: The AT3 and the AT3+ Automated Testing Systems improve safety by keeping the operator away from the testing area. Ergonomics are improved by virtually eliminating repetitive motions which are typically associated with high volume manual testing.
- Valuable Operator Time Saved: Free up valuable operator time by automating the specimen measurement and handling portions of the mechanical test. The operator loads the tray and allows the system to run, uninterrupted. Depending on the materials and the exact tests carried out, operators can expect time savings of up to 75 %.
- More Consistent Testing: The automated specimen loading feature improves reproducibility and repeatability of testing and results, minimizing human influence, and therefore, human error.
- Improving Efficiency and Throughput:
- Consistent specimen loading and testing improves repeatability and reproducibility of results by minimizing human error
- Overall costs are reduced due to a reduction in both training and injury-related expenses
- Removable racks allow for pre-loading of specimens, saving time and increasing throughput
- Operators are available to work on more value-added activities
- Storage racks can hold as many as 80 specimens, depending on the sample size and geometry
- Offers specimen barcode read capability and dual axis specimen measurement module as standard
- Multiple racks can be purchased with each system, allowing operators to pre-load specimens while the system is running
- Suitable for a wide range of rigid, tensile, and flex materials and applications
- Conveniently bolts onto new or existing 5960 dual-column table top standard frames
- Compact design has a footprint slightly larger than a standard test frame
- With the loader up and away, the system can be used manually – with virtually zero switch-over time
- Compatible with the with the AutoX750, the user has the option of having an automatic, direct contacting extensometer for strain measurement – rather than using the crosshead displacement, increasing accuracy
Non-Robotic Testing System - AT3 3-Axis
Non-Robotic Testing System - AT3 3-Axis - Picture 1
Non-Robotic Testing System - AT3 3-Axis - Picture 2
Non-Robotic Testing System - AT3 3-Axis - Picture 3
Non-Robotic Testing System - AT3 3-Axis - Picture 4