The CEAST MF20 and MF30 available from Instron are single weight systems that can perform consistent tests on commodity materials and also on special grade materials that are sensitive to moisture and temperature. A variety of choices are available that range from initial test inspection to integrated test automation solutions. The systems are suitable for conducting tests as per ISO 1133 and ASTM D1238 Procedures A, B, C and comply with ISO 1133-2 specifications.
The CEAST MF20 is a basic system that can be adjusted with numerous options. Users can include a digital encoder of high resolution for MVR measurement according to Procedure B and C. Motorized or manual melt cutting devices as well as a motorized weight lifter can also be added to precisely determine melt density. Additionally, users can opt for the new Manual Mass Selector to keep a string of 8 test masses that can be installed and available all the time and they can easily and quickly choose the required one for their specific test. This way, handling of masses is eliminated.
A digital encoder of high resolution and an N/C controlled weight lifter are included in the CEAST MF30 system. The weight lifter features an integrated load cell so that purging and compacting operations can be carried out in a controlled manner. This is a major enhancement for time savings and repeatability; however, this feature is not provided for MF20. In addition, melt cutting devices, Manual Mass Selector, and all the supplementary options of the MF20 machine can be equipped into the CEAST MF30 system.
Main features and benefits of the CEAST MF20 and MF30 systems:
- High-temperature precision and stability as per ISO 1133-2 requirements
- Compact and ergonomic design for safe and easy testing, service, and maintenance
- MVR with about 40 data points acquisition for a single test (with encoder)
- User-friendly, on-board interface for precise test execution
- Guided piston design for precise positioning into the barrel
- A variety of masses designed for all material testing, ranging from fast-flowing master batches to highly viscous filled or rubbery materials
- Quick die release and locking mechanism
- Standard tungsten carbide and special dies for specific standards
- Rugged mechanical design, modularity of options to customize and upgrade the system
- Load cell for controlled material compacting and purging operations (only on MF30)
Options for CEAST MF20 and MF30 systems are as follows:
- Precise and quick lifter for automatic test mass application (included with MF30)
- Highly accurate encoder to determine MVR (included with MF30)
- Manual Mass Selector to eliminate configuration changes and heavy mass handling
- Go/No-go gauges for die tolerance check
- Nitrogen blanket device for hygroscopic materials testing
- Die plugging device to stop material flowing during pre-heating
- Acid resistant version for materials that are chemically aggressive
- Integrated device for automatic barrel cleaning
- Motorized or manual cutting device of extrudate
- CEAST Visual Melt Software for analysis and storage of results with graphical capabilities
The New Manual Mass Selector Option
The integrated Manual Mass Selector available for CEAST MF20 and MF30 systems streamlines configuration and testing procedures, and ensures improved safety for operators. Furthermore, heavy mass handling is eliminated and the machine’s configuration always tends to remain the same.
The standard set of masses allows the following test conditions: 0,325 (mass of piston) – 1,2 – 2,16 – 3,8 – 5 – 10 – 12,5 – 21,6 kg (masses tolerance +/- 0,5% as per international standards, with easy checking and low-cost maintenance).
- The device includes a range of electrical and mechanical solutions to eliminate situations and assure trouble-free operation
- All test masses remain installed at all times on the special support
- Removes the need for compressed air supply
- Requires Weight Lifter (included for MF30, optional for MF20)
- Special sets of masses are provided on request