Mixer Mill MM 500 vario
Mixer Mill MM 500 vario is a versatile bench-top unit which was developed for dry, wet and cryogenic grinding of small sample amounts.
This powerful Mixer Mill provides ultimate performance with maximum flexibility for your sample preparation process. The MM 500 vario can be equipped with screw-top grinding jars from 1.5 ml to 50 ml. Available materials include hardened steel, stainless steel, tungsten carbide, agate, zirconium oxide, PTFE.
Learn more: https://www.retsch.com/mm500-vario
Performance and Design
- Grind sizes down to 5 μm possible
- Powerful Mixer Mill with pulverization with up to 35 Hz
- Twice as fast as mixer mills with only 30 Hz
- Ergonomic design with touch display
- Suitable for dry, wet or cryogenic grinding
- Equally suited for rapid (below 2 min) and long-term grinding (up to 99 hours)
- 12 SOPs and 4 program cycles with max. 99 repeats facilitate routine applications
- Grinding jars of various sizes and materials; adapters for single-use vials
The grinding jars of the mixer mill MM 500 vario perform radial oscillations in a horizontal position. The inertia of the grinding balls causes them to impact with high energy on the sample material at the rounded ends of the grinding jars and pulverize it. Also, the movement of the grinding jars combined with the movement of the balls result in the intensive mixing of the sample. The degree of mixing can be increased even further by using several smaller balls.
Run Time: 5:59min
Mixer Mill MM 500 Vario #RETSCH #mixermill #laboratoryinstruments
Video Credit: RETSCH GmbH