Intertek, a leading provider of quality and safety solutions serving a wide range of industries around the world, today announces the opening of its new electrical testing laboratory in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
Intertek can now deliver time- and cost-savings to local manufacturers with local, in-country testing to the standards of the ABNT – NBR (Brazilian Association of Technical Standards), IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission), and ISO (International Standardization Organization). The laboratory is located in Saúde Unit, at Sao Paulo, and extends Intertek’s presence from its existing laboratories in North America, Europe and Asia.
Brazil currently has the second largest economy in the western hemisphere, and it continues to be one of the fastest growing economies in the world. In order to capitalize on the opportunity, it’s critical that manufacturers get their products to market quickly with all the required safety and performance certifications. Intertek’s new laboratory in Sao Paulo can help manufacturers meet those requirements quickly and efficiently.
“Our new laboratory in Brazil meets Intertek’s overall strategy of clearing a path to market for our customers’ products, while simultaneously meeting the needs of local electrical manufacturers looking for a competitive edge,” said Richard Adams, Sr. Vice President, Intertek. “Local testing can be a significant advantage for manufacturers, and Intertek now delivers a wide range of services in-country to help them maximize their revenue potential.”
The laboratory conducts electrical safety testing for some of the world’s most widely-used standards, including IEC 60335 for home appliances, IEC 60601 for medical devices, IEC 60950 for information technology equipment, and IEC 60079 for Explosive Atmospheres (ATEX).
Intertek’s experts in Brazil use state-of-the-art equipment to test customers’ products for the following safety and performance criteria:
- Flammability Index (ABNT NBR IEC 60695-2-10; ABNT NBR IEC 60695-2-11; ABNT NBR IEC 60695-2-12 and ABNT NBR IEC 60695-2-13);
- Index of Resistance to Electrical Tracking (Tracking Test) and the Erosion of Insulating Materials (ABNT NBR IEC 60112 and ABNT NBR 10296);
- Climatics (as severe as -70 ºC);
- Ingress Protection (ABNT NBR IEC 60529);
- Mechanical characteristics in metallic and non-metallic materials;
- Dielectric testing of insulating materials
- Environmental analysis (luminosity, noise, temperature, humidity, pressure, and more)
The laboratory will continue to add new capabilities and services that add value to customers’ products. For more information, visit www.intertek.com or www.intertek-br.com.