MCI®-2012 IntegraPel from Cortec is an integral waterproofing and corrosion inhibiting admixture designed to prevent or retard corrosion of steel reinforcement in new concrete structures. It is a water-based organic admixture.
MCI®-2012 IntegraPel uses a two-pronged approach to protect embedded steel. It reduces the intrusion of corrosive species into the concrete and provides a self-replenishing protective layer on embedded reinforcement with Cortec’s patented, time-proven migratory corrosion inhibitor (MCI®).
MCI®-2012 IntegraPel differentiates itself from other waterproofing admixtures by directly protecting the reinforcing steel, the entity that plays the most important role in determining the longevity of a concrete structure.
MCI®-2012 IntegraPel is particularly suited as a corrosion preventative for concrete construction exposed to corrosive environments (carbonation, chlorides, and atmospheric attack). This product is formulated to reduce porosity of the concrete and make the concrete waterproof.
It also incorporates corrosion inhibitors that protect the steel rebar itself. These two mechanisms work to synergistically enhance the protection. MCI®-2012 IntegraPel admixture is added to concrete prior to placement, thus inherently increasing the durability of the concrete/mortar. This economically effective liquid is recommended for all reinforced concrete including precast, pre-stressed, and post-tensioned structures.
- Reduces absorption 55-57% per BS 1881-122
- Protects against ingress of water, chlorides, and other aggressive contaminants
- Forms a self-replenishing monomolecular corrosion-inhibiting layer on the steel, inhibiting the electrochemical corrosion process between metal and chloride, oxygen, and moisture in concrete.
- Not a vapor barrier
- Reduces efflorescence
- Effectively delays onset of corrosion in new structures
- Effectively reduces corrosion rates on metals
- Non-toxic, contains no nitrites, phosphates, or chromates
- Extends the service life of structures
- Doesn’t require special mixing procedure for its effectiveness
- A non-restrictive material during transportation
- Doesn’t change concrete set time
- Conforms to ASTM C1582 Table 1 regarding concrete strength
About Cortec Corporation
Cortec® Corporation is the global leader in innovative, environmentally responsible VpCI® and MCI® corrosion control technologies for Packaging, Metalworking, Construction, Electronics, Water Treatment, Oil & Gas, and other industries. Our relentless dedication to sustainability, quality, service, and support is unmatched in the industry. Headquartered in St. Paul, Minnesota, Cortec® manufactures over 400 products distributed worldwide. ISO 9001, ISO 14001:2004, & ISO 17025 Certified.