RENOLIT is promoting its extensive range of 100% recyclable, thermoplastic composite material solutions for vehicle interior trim parts at AIE (Automotive Interiors Expo) 2019 (21-23 May), Stuttgart.
Clean Glass Fiber Composite Material for Interior Applications
The RENOLIT stand (A4085) at AIE will be showcasing the complete RENOLIT COMPOSITES range of established polypropylene based materials. This includes RENOLIT WOOD-STOCK, along with a wide variety of other highly formable sheets, rolls and rigid cored composite products, all specially developed for cost effectively fabricating coated automotive interior trim parts.
- RENOLIT TECNOGOR is a safe, clean, 100% recyclable, glass fiber (GF) reinforced, PP based, lighweight thermoplastic composite material. It has been specifically designed to cost effectively produce automotive interior trim parts.
- Tier 1 converters are able to combine superior part performance with consistent quality and higher productivity, while also achieving lower production costs as it can be 3D shaped in a ‘glue free’ one-step-process.
- This year there is a special focus on its latest ‘star product’ innovation, RENOLIT TECNOGOR. This next generation, thermoformable sheet and roll material has already gained a leading position in the global automotive interiors market with major OEM end customers.
- German, Italian, French and Japanese car makers now use RENOLIT TECNOGOR for a variety of thermoformed, custom coated, vehicle interior 3D trim parts. Successful applications include: parcel shelves, load floors, seat back covers, dashboard inserts and trunk trims.
- The superior stiffness and impact performance of RENOLIT TECNOGOR is thanks to the unique, patented, PP/GF composition and extrusion process used.
- It is also very safe to form and handle, as there are no free floating fibers in the air or exposed glass fibers in the finished molding; all glass fibers are completely encapsulated in the PP polymer matrix during extrusion.
- Like virtually all products in the RENOLIT COMPOSITES range, it can be provided with a textile or film applied to the surface.
During the show, a technical presentation titled: RENOLIT TECNOGOR: A clean glass fiber composite for interior applications is being given by Adriano Odino, Technical Director at RENOLIT GOR S.p.A., who will be joined by a materials expert from an Italian carmaker to explain why RENOLIT TECNOGOR was chosen for parcel shelf applications.
Other 100% recyclable, safe to handle, RENOLIT COMPOSITES products for automotive interior applications that will be of interest to RENOLIT stand visitors during AIE 2019 include:
- A very high stiffness, sandwich design composite sheet material with a hexagonal honeycomb PP core, produced in-house by forming and folding PP film, using the ECONCORE production technology.
- The honeycomb core makes this product especially lightweight, with very high stiffness and compressive strength.
- It is also extremely durable and water-resistant, with high thermal and chemical resistance properties.
- This highly versatile sandwich product is available in standard 5, 10, 15 and 20 mm core thickness options.
- Depending on the application, the PP honeycomb core can be combined with a wide variety of textile or film surface skin materials such as: RENOLIT TECNOGOR, NATGOR or WOOD-STOCK sheets; high impact or decorative films; scratch protectors; non-woven fabrics.
- Main application areas include: load bearing floors, parcel shelves, door paneling and seat back covers.
- A highly thermoformable, low VOC, composite sheet material based on polyolefin and renewable natural/ mineral raw material fillers.
- The product is extruded in sheets or rolls, supplied ready to form with the aesthetic surface fabric needed applied to either one or both sides as required.
- Key application areas include: door inserts/ panels (map pockets), trunk side trims, wheel arch liners.
Show visitors to the RENOLIT stand will be able to discuss technical challenges and any specific requirements with the RENOLIT COMPOSITES team of experts. RENOLIT provide customers with added value technical support and process knowhow to find cost effective interior trim material solutions. Customized, made to order material options can be rapidly developed, including supplying test materials produced in-house on the prototyping thermoforming line.