The SpectroVisc Q3000 is a portable, solvent-free kinematic viscometer designed for accurate kinematic viscosity measurement to detect the condition of critical equipment. The battery operated equipment weighing below 1.8 kg is user friendly and features a touch-screen interface. It does not require thermometer and density checks, hence can be readily used whenever and wherever required. It measures each sample at constant temperature for consistent accuracy with no pre-test measurements.
A good predictive maintenance program requires regular viscosity testing. Using the SpectroVisc Q3000, operators can better schedule machine maintenance program through the measurement of viscosity variations caused by lubricant mix-up, contamination or fuel/coolant dilution.
Key Features and Benefits
- Direct kinematic viscosity measurement
- Split-cell capillary channel
- Self-contained with high-resolution touch screen, battery and microprocessor
- Small sample size of 60 µl, reduces waste
- Controlled temperature (40 °C ±0.1 °C)
- Provides accurate results for even the dirtiest samples
- Works with transparent and opaque oils
- Does not require solvent cleaning
- Battery operated and built-in universal charger for easy use
- User friendly and suitable for remote field use as it quickly provides lubricant viscosity measurement
The key application of the SpectroVisc Q3000 is machine condition based monitoring through kinematic viscosity measurement.