The Spectro FDM Q600 from Spectro Inc. is a portable fuel analysis dilution meter that provides both laboratory and field measurements of fuel contamination in engine oil.
The instrument uses a surface acoustic wave (SAW) vapor microsensor for the measurement of fuel concentration in lubricating oil samples. A pump inside the device directs headspace vapors towards the SAW sensor, which determines the absorbed hydrocarbons through a frequency change in SAW.
Benefits and Features
The key benefits and features of the Spectro FDM Q600 are as follows:
- Measures fuel in oil from 0% to 10%
- Single point calibration
- Smaller footprint, suitable for both lab and field use
- User friendly, robust and reliable
- Takes ~ 60 seconds to perform a measurement
- Low maintenance, self-diagnostic program
- Economical to use as it does not require chemical or consumables
- Specially designed ‘clamp and sample’ bottle platform enables analysis of 40 or more samples per hour
The key applications of the Spectro FDM Q600 are:
- Machine condition based monitoring
- Fuel dilution measurement in used oils