The Residual Gas Analyzer (RGA) from Extrel enables reliable, full-range pressure measurement at an affordable cost. It includes a Faraday cup detection system with an optional electronic multiplier, providing sensitivity up to 5x10-14 torr.
The Extrel's RGA has an intelligent start-up design with a quadrupole mass analyzer, an ion gauge and a Pirani gauge. It is available in two different mass ranges from 1 to 100 amu or 1 to 300 amu.
The analyzer runs on RS-232C or US communication with Windows® XP or 7 operating systems. It is best suited for vacuum chamber characterization, leak detection and background gas analysis.
The main features of the Extrel RGA are as follows:
- Reliable and easy to use
- Faraday cup allows full-range pressure measurement from 10-4 to 10-11 torr
- Addition of multiplier to Faraday cup extends measurement down to 5x10-14 torr
- Dual thoria-coated filaments allow electron emission during quadrupole and ion gauge operation
- RGA100 and RGA300 measurement probes
- Ion and the Pirani gauge functions protect filaments from stress caused by vacuum excursions
- Intelligent start-up design offers automatic switching function from Pirani to the ion gauge, and then to quadrupole system
- RS-232C or US communication with Windows® XP or 7 operating systems
- Ion current amplifier measures ion currents form 10-6 to 10-15A in a single scan