The VeraSpec thermal desorption spectrometer (TDS) from Extrel is a scientific tool used for investigating chemical species desorbed from a heated sample. The system consists of a water-cooled sample system that allows quick exchange of samples. The system operates at a temperature range between ambient to 1200°C.
The VeraSpec TDS functions are similar to the Extrel MAX flange mounted mass spectrometer. The MAX system is a UHV compatible, fully integrated mass spectrometer that features the Merlin CS (Command System) and a Quadrupole Mass filter power supply.
The main features of the VeraSpec TDS are:
- Fully integrated temperature control
- Simple Point & Click evaluation of individual spectra
- Ceramic oven with water cooler and heating function up to 1200°C
- TDS chamber with ion gauge, hi cube 70 L/sec dry pumping station, and load lock door
- Channeltron electron multiplier detector
- EI Ionizer
- Integrated with vacuum safety interlock, rack mounted electronics, and chamber blanket system