The Extrel® MAX-QMS System is a UHV-compatible flange mounted quadrupole mass spectrometer.
It is based on Extrel’s industry-leading mass spectrometer technology, which is designed around the company’s range of RF power supplies with 9.5 mm and 19 mm tri-filter mass filters. The quadrupole mass filter, ionizer, and detector on a mounting flange are built to fit into an experimental vacuum chamber.
The MAX-QMS mass spectrometer comprises a MAX-CS command system, rack mountable quadrupole power supply (QPS), and Merlin Automation Data System Software.
Merlin Automation™ Data System Software
The Merlin Automation Data System assists users to obtain the most from the Extrel quadrupole mass spectrometer. It operates in a Windows® 7, or Windows® 10 environment, and allows users to concurrently perform high-speed data acquisition and advanced data processing. It is highly versatile and can be customized for each application using simple and easy to write macros. The MAX system is packaged with all of the connecting components.
The main features of the MAX-QMS are as follows:
- Highly sensitive
- Ideal for cutting edge research in gas analysis
- Highly sensitive analysis of photocatalytically driven temperature programmed desorption
- Extremely accurate and precise
- Flexible system for any researcher requiring mass spectral data
- Can perform small atomic analysis of gases
- Real-time atmospheric monitoring of environmentally important compounds, such as CFCs
The main areas of application of the MAX-QMS are as follows:
- Plasma monitoring
- Laser ablation studies
- CVD process monitoring
- Residual gas analysis
- End point detection
- Combustion analysis
- Flow tube detection
- Outgassing studies
- Molecular beam studies
- Bakeout/vacuum pumpdown
- Atmospheric and marine research
- Pyrolysis research
- Dynamic SIMS
- Emissions monitoring
- Temperature Programmed Desorption