Mecmesin’s TTT-300 series includes portable torque testers developed for quantifying the click torque and the highest torque values of setting and indicating torque tools.
Five different versions are available with capacities ranging from 2 to 50 N⋅m, rendering them perfect for easy and rapid validation of torque screwdrivers, torque wrenches and motorized torque tools directly at their point-of-use.
The tester is available with the TTT_Certify as standard, making it suitable to calibrate torque tools in accordance with the ISO 6789 requirements.
Generate Compliant Torque Calibration Certificates
The TTT-300 tester includes Mecmesin’s TTT_Certify software for producing calibration certificates, and thus complies with ISO 17025 standards for portable indicating and click torque tools, like torque screwdrivers or torque wrenches.
A predefined calibration process is included for all classified kinds of tools as per the ISO 6789:2003 standard. A database file system for test equipment, administration tools, operators and calibration certificates is also included.
The TTT_Certify software creates PDF calibration certificates.
Image Credit: Mecmesin Ltd
With the TTT-300 series of Torque Tool Testers, torque devices can be verified easily and quickly at their point-of-use, for example, next to the production line or in the workshop. The testers can be used for testing manual screwdrivers and wrenches, and also electrically powered torque tools.
The TT-300 range includes five versions to cover the most standard working capacities of hand torque tools, such as 0.2–2, 0.5–5, 1–10, 2.5–25 and 5–50 N⋅m
Users can configure each tester to display in one of the four different modes:
- Standard—this mode displays the real-time torque reading in both counter-clockwise (CCW) and clockwise (CW)
- Peak CCW—this mode records and displays the first 'click torque' peak and the second 'maximum torque' in only CCW
- Peak CW—this mode records and displays the first 'click torque' peak and the second 'maximum torque' in only CW
- Peak Actual—this mode displays the presently applied torque and simultaneously records the highest torque values in both CW and CCW
The Quick-Check function is specifically handy. It helps store five successive measurements automatically and takes the average of the five peak readings. Users can subsequently compare these readings to the assigned tolerance limits and the tester will denote a pass/fail with LED status for immediate classification for operators.
The TTT-300 tester also includes an internal memory for saving torque readings and can distinctly show the statistical data from all measurements. Through the USB interface, users can export the information to external applications, for example, to (Statistical Process Control (SPC) systems.
The tester comes standard with the TTT_Certify software, making it suitable to calibrate torque tools as per the ISO 6789 requirements and to create a calibration certificate for the tool in a PDF format.
Robustly designed for harsh working environments, the steel case of the tester can be fixed to benchtops and the torque cell is protected from overload to reduce the risk of unintended damage.
The TTT-300 tester is delivered with standard adapters to suit regular torque tool heads. For motor-driven torque tools of up to 10 N⋅m, run-down fixtures are also supplied. A vertical stand for securing torque screwdrivers (TTT-921) and a horizontal test stand for fixing torque wrenches (TTT-920) can be added to make the tester a complete torque tool testing station.
Capacity (Full-Scale) and Measuring Range
Table 1. Source: Mecmesin Ltd
||0.2 - 2
||0.5 - 5
||1 - 10
||2.5 - 25
||5 - 50
Table 2. Source: Mecmesin Ltd
Overload—Maximum Allowable Without Damage
Table 3. Source: Mecmesin Ltd
- Acquisition rate: 1000 times per second
- Accuracy: ±0.5% of full-scale (f.s); Class 1 (DAkkS-DKD-R 3-8)
- Quick check: Five successive measurements with the calculation of the arithmetic average
- Operating modes (standard): Real-time values
- Rating: IP42 (protected from dripping water)
- Dimensions (length x width x height): 280 mm x 147 mm x 79 mm
- Peak (Click + Peak 2): First click-torque and second peak (maximum)
- Output: Through USB 2.0 interface
- Limit: Individually selectable lower and upper tolerance limit protection
- Supplied with: Standard—TTT300 Torque Tool Tester c/w 3/8″ female socket, adapters for 5/16", 1/4″ and 5/32″ female hex, adapters for 3/8″ and 1/4″ male square, CD-ROM with TTT_Certify software, USB interface cable and quick-start operation manual. Optional—Operating instructions with CE declaration of conformity(printed), rundown fixture up to 10 N⋅m, Dakks (German) calibration certificate, vertical and horizontal test stands, protective carry case—order separately as needed.