The FMT-W30 from Mecmesin is a manually-operated pull tester that comes in two versions with a tensile strength capacity of either 1000 N (220 lbf) or 500 N (110 lbf).
The tester is robust and compact and can be easily used with minimal training. It offers a perfect solution for fundamental testing of the pull strength of crimped wire terminals directly at the production point.
The tester is portable and can be powered by solar or mains supply, facilitating a separate power supply and enabling a low cost of ownership.
The manual operation of the tester makes it easy to perform checks without having to pull at a constant speed when not needed.
Produced by Mecmesin’s sister company Alluris, the FMT-W30 manual wire-terminal pull tester has been developed for crimped wire terminal testing, specifically for limited budgets. Mecmesin has decided to bypass the suggestions in test standards to test at a continuous pull rate.
The tester is available in two models in two different capacities—1000 N (220 lbf) and 500 N (110 lbf).
The FMT-W30 pull tester facilitates a lever operation that makes it quite user-friendly and a perfect portable device in scenarios where a continuous pull speed is not required, or where there is no mains power to operate a motorized pull tester.
There are 12 slots in the crimp receptacle fixture and these slots have widths varying from 0.5 to 6 mm, covering AWG 8-30 for easy and rapid loading of the terminal. The cable is securely fixed to a cam through a fast-action lever before initiating the automatic test at the push of a button.
The digital display records peak load at 1000 Hz and distinctly shows the pull strength result of the test in kilo-force, newtons, or pounds-force. Information can be stored and sent to a software (optional) for producing a test report.
The robust design has nitride-hardened steel and also a scratch-resistant base-plate with non-slip feet. This fundamental portable device is a perfect, low cost pull tester that can be used in a wide range of environments.
Capacity (Full-Scale) and Resolution
Source: Mecmesin Ltd
||500 x 0.5
||1000 x 1
||110 x 0.1
||220 x 0.2
||50 x 0.05
||100 x 0.1
- Maximum operating force: 120% of f.s. (auto-reverses to release load if limit is surpassed)
- Acquisition rate: 1000 times per second
- Accuracy: ±0.5% of full-scale (f.s.)
- Output: Through USB 2.0 interface
- Display: LCD five digits, 14-mm high
- Dimensions (length x width x height): 320 mm x 160 mm x 115 mm
- Memory: 1000 readings with minimum, maximum, mean and standard deviation calculations
- Supplied with: Standard—a pull tester equipped with cable cam and crimp receptacle fixtures, a USB interface cable, power supply and a CD-ROM with software (trial version: no license).
- Optional: Operating instructions with CE declaration of conformity (printed), interchangeable adapter, Dakks (German) calibration certificate, software license and a carrying case. Customers can order the carrying case separately as needed.