The Atofina subsidiary Atoglas intends to invest into new capacities in Carling-Saint Avold (France) by September 2006, and to concentrate on this site cast acrylic sheet production currently split between two sites in Europe.
The Leeuwarden site (Netherlands) would close on the same date. The management met with the Dutch trade unions today. Negotiations will relate to the terms of the redundancy plan and the support measures to be made available for this reorganisation project.
According to Bertrand Repelin, CEO of Atoglas, “this latest project falls in line with the ongoing consolidation of our sheet business initiated last November through the consolidation of our extruded sheet activity, and confirms our resolve to remaining a major and efficient acrylic sheet player in Europe through our ALTUGLAS tradename “.
As a result, Atoglas will have a streamlined and efficient tool to serve its sheet customers in Europe, comprising:
- A cast sheet plant in Saint-Avold,
- An extruded sheet plant in Bernouville,
- A European storage and cutting platform in Bernouville, to execute group deliveries of ALTUGLAS extruded and cast acrylic sheet, as well as TUFFAK polycarbonate sheet,
- A number of off-site warehouses,
- A decentralised sales network, close to its customers,
- A dedicated R&D and technical support team.
ALTUGLAS acrylic sheet has a wide range of applications, as the preferred support for visual communication (illuminated signs, shop fittings, etc.), sanitaryware (baths, shower trays, basins, etc.), motorbike accessories (windscreens), noise walls for built-up areas, lightguide components in computer flat screens, etc.
For more information on acrylic, click here.