SABIC Innovative Plastics today announced that it has expanded production, increased capacity and upgraded capabilities at its specialty film and sheet facility in Vadodara, India to continue leading and to support future growth in the region. The company has already increased Lexan* polycarbonate (PC) sheet production with two new, state-of-the-art extrusion lines to boost capacity.
SABIC Innovative Plastics' commitment to the growth of Asia is evidenced by this move to provide its customers with an ample, local supply of its popular, high-performance sheet products.
"The demand for our Lexan sheet products in Asia is vast and growing," said Darrell Hughes, general manager for Specialty Film & Sheet, SABIC Innovative Plastics. "It's being driven largely by the building and construction industry where our materials are widely used in residential roofing; commercial roofing for rail stations, airports, and stadiums; and sound wall glazing applications. Industry in the region is booming and we are strategically placed to deliver a reliable, steady supply of top-quality Lexan sheet products to meet customers' needs and help fuel their continued growth."
Ensuring the Highest Quality and Local Availability
Following are key market trends and application areas targeted by the Vadodara facility enhancements:
- India's vibrant economy is already reaching six to nine percent growth per year, driven by infrastructure investment and development. The outlook for fast-paced growth for sound walls and commercial roofing projects is excellent.
- SABIC Innovative Plastics' high-performance sheet products, supplied by the Vadodara facility, will be used for various industrial roofing projects and metro rail seating in India.
- The expanded Vadodara facility is backed up by world-class quality assurance processes including ultraviolet (UV) protective cap layer measurement and color measurement systems.
- The plant is strategically located next to specialty and performance plastics compounding lines to drive fast product and custom color developments.
- Two-sided UV protected sheet in clear and custom colors will be manufactured to support existing customer demand. The new facility will also produce sign sheet, corrugated sheet and specialty opaque grades of Lexan and Cycoloy* sheets.
Tough, virtually unbreakable Lexan sheet provides flexible design freedom for a wide variety of building and construction and industrial glazing applications. Designed for easy, fast assembly, these high-end products can help lower system costs while enhancing durability, thermal insulation and safety. Lexan sheet materials can also help to deliver measurable return on investment (ROI) through ease of installation; lower insurance costs due to better fire resistance and impact resistance to help prevent breakage and weather damage; and reduced replacement due to UV degradation, weathering and breakage.
SABIC Innovative Plastics is committed to Asia and in the future may add additional sheet lines to expand product solutions offerings with capability to make multiwall sheets and systems.