LogiChem 2010 is proud to announce the addition of three prominent chemical experts to the outstanding speaker line-up:
- Arno Bingemann, Global Director Supply Chain Planning Processes, BASF
- Robert Peels, Strategy Director - Neoresins, DSM
- Theo Zwygers, VP Supply Chain, Lyondell Basell
What will they discuss?
- Arno Bingemann will reveal how BASF has established global, customer-driven, streamlined and process-driven transformation
- Robert Peels of DSM will explore how synchronised destocking created a Lehman wave: how will companies further up the supply chain feel a stronger impact than the decline of their end markets?
- Theo Zywgers will describe how Lyondell Basell has sustained customer service levels despite reduced inventory and production capacity
The chemical industry has been besieged by economic and marketplace upheaval that no one could have possibly predicted. We used to take commercial predictability and stability for granted. Fuel prices seem to peak and plummet with no rhyme or reason. Chemical companies can no longer afford to look at their supply chain network design every three or five years. Supply chain finance seems to be a new way to achieve working capital optimisation and collaboration is no longer just a buzzword, but a way we simply have to do business if we're going to survive. In the current climate, we need to constantly re-evaluate and adapt our supply chain strategies to ensure we are positioned to take a lead when the market picks up.
LogiChem 2010 addresses every critical concern to senior chemical supply chain professionals, from current transportation and storage trends, to topics including demand planning, collaboration and emerging markets such as the Middle East. The in-depth programme features through in-depth case studies from industry's leading and innovative chemical supply chain directors case studies and there are unrivalled networking opportunities to strengthen relations between supply chain professionals, shippers and industry partners. LogiChem is the only event that brings together all the key suppliers and logistics practitioners in Europe, so if your business is supply chain management in the chemicals industry, then this is the one event in your calendar that is an absolute must.