Dec 16 2010
Research and Markets has announced the addition of John Wiley and Sons Ltd's new book "Processing and Properties of Advanced Ceramics and Composites II: Ceramic Transactions, Volume 220" to their offering.
Three international symposia Innovative Processing and Synthesis of Ceramics, Glasses and Composites, Ceramic Matrix Composites, and Microwave Processing of Ceramics were held during Materials Science & Technology 2009 Conference & Exhibition (MS&T09), Pittsburgh, PA, October 25-29, 2009. These symposia provided an international forum for scientists, engineers, and technologists to discuss and exchange state-of-the-art ideas, information, and technology on advanced methods and approaches for processing, synthesis and characterization of ceramics, glasses, and composites.
A total of 83 papers, including 20 invited talks, were presented in the form of oral and poster presentations. Authors from 19 countries (Austria, Belarus, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, China, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Iran, Italy, Japan, Russia, South Korea, Taiwan, Turkey, U.K., and the United States) participated. The speakers represented universities, industries, and government research laboratories.
Key Topics Covered:
- Unveiling Spark Plasma Sintering High-Throughput Processing
- Effect of -Phase Percentage on the Sinterability of SHS Si3N4 Powder
- Microwave Synthesis of Cobalt-Ferrite Nano-Particles by Polyol Method
•Investigation of Selective Microwave Heating by Use of Raman Spectroscopy
- Simulation of Manufacturing Process of Ceramic Matrix Composites
- Novel Nontraditional High Alumina Ceramic Composite
- Production of Ceramic Composite Materials of Aluminum-Silicon Dioxide-Dolomite System Using SHS Process
ULTRA-HIGH TEMPERATURE CERAMIC (UHTC) COMPOSITES.
- Fabrication of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Ultrahigh Temperature Ceramics (UHTCs) Matrix Composite
- Effect of Particulate Volume Fraction on Mechanical Properties of Pressureless Sintered ZrB2-SiC Ultra-High Temperature Ceramic Composites
- Exploring New Routes for the Development of Functional Nanomaterials Using Extreme Pressure
- In Situ Formation of Carbon Nanostructures in High-Temperature Ceramic-Carbon Nanocomposites
- Effect of Nano-SiC Addition on the Properties of Si3N4 (SHS)/SiC (Nano) Composites
GLASS AND CERAMICS.
- Synthesis and Characterization of Iron-Sodium-Calcium-Phosphate Glasses and Glass Fibers
- Activation of SHS Process in Al-Si02-C System Using Metallic Powder Activating Reactants
- New Porosity Inducing Material for Refractory Bricks
- Combined Supercritical Extraction and Thermal Decomposition of Binder from Green Ceramic Bodies
- Research on Firing Distortion Prediction and Correction Techniques for Ceramics Design
- Joining and Integration Issues of Ceramic Matrix Composites for Nuclear Applications
- Mechanical Properties of Hot-Pressed B4C-SiC Composites
- Mechanical Property of Boron Carbide Ceramics Prepared by Spark Plasma Reactive Sintering
- Tensile and Compressive Properties of 2D Pitch-Based and 3D Pan-Based C/C Composites in Relation to Fiber Orientation Distribution and Microstructure
FOREIGN OBJECT DAMAGE.
- Foreign Object Damage in Ceramic Matrix Composites and Monolithic Silicon Nitrides
- Static-Contact and Foreign-Object Damages in an Oxide/Oxide (N720/ALUMINA) Ceramic Matrix Composite: Comparison with AN720/Aluminosilicate
- Nanoscale Characterization of Polymer Precursor Derived Silicon Carbide with Atomic Force Microscopy and Nanoindentation
- Measurement of Thermal Conductivity of Basic Refractories with Straight Brick Specimens by Hot Wire Method
- Preparing and Characterizing Natural Hydroxyapatite Ceramics
- Intermediate Temperature Oxidation: Review and Test Method Refinement
- Structural and Thermal Study of Al203 Produced by Oxidation of Al-Powders Mixed with Corn Starch
- Author Index.