PTT Polyethylene Company Limited (PTTPE) has selected Basell’s Lupotech T technology for a new LDPE plant it intends to build in Map Ta Phut in Rayong, Thailand. The plant will have an annual capacity of 300 KT and start-up is planned for the fourth quarter of 2008.
“PTTPE’s Lupotech T plant will be one of the largest LDPE plants in the world when it is operational in 2008,” said Just Jansz, president of Basell’s Technology Business, who participated in a signing ceremony in Bangkok, Thailand. “In addition, the Lupotech T process features low manufacturing costs, fast start-up and grade changes, and a high on-stream factor. “
Earlier this year, three new Lupotech T plants, each with an annual capacity of 200 KT, started up in the People’s Republic of China.
Basell’s complete portfolio of licensed technologies is comprised of:
- Spheripol – polypropylene technology for the production of homopolymer, random and heterophasic copolymers.
- Spherizone – latest generation polypropylene technology based on new multi-zone reactor technology.
- Spherilene – swing gas phase process for the production of LLDPE and HDPE.
- Hostalen - low-pressure slurry process for the production of bi-modal HDPE.
- Lupotech G – fluidised bed gas phase process for the production of HDPE and MDPE.
- Lupotech T – high pressure tubular reactor process for the production of LDPE and EVA copolymers.
Basell also produces and commercialises advanced catalyst systems which are sold under the Avant trade name.
Basell is the world's largest producer of polypropylene and advanced polyolefin products, a leading supplier of polyethylene and catalysts, and a global leader in the development and licensing of polypropylene and polyethylene processes. Basell, together with its joint ventures, has manufacturing facilities around the world and sells products in more than 120 countries. Additional information about Basell is available at www.basell.com.