BASF will demonstrate its pharmaceutical portfolio through a platform solution concept based on current pharmaceutical market needs at the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists (AAPS) Annual Meeting, Nov. 10-14 at the Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center San Antonio, Texas. Visitors to BASF booth 2705 can learn about solutions delivered through five market platforms that help customers improve the efficacy, bioavailability and compliance of pharmaceutical products.
- Modified Release — A diverse range of functional excipients for use across multiple dosage forms and release profiles.
- Solubilization — Products and technologies that meet the toughest challenges for poorly soluble drugs.
- Soft Gels — Comprehensive portfolio combining APIs and a full range of excipients, to tackle challenges with soft gel applications.
- Skin Delivery — Skin delivery formulations and ingredient expertise to help solve dermal delivery challenges.
- Taste Masking — Taste masking solutions that ensure effective protection from unpleasant taste.
BASF’s team also authored and co-authored 19 posters that will be presented Nov. 11-13 and will co-host the symposium “Transferring Solid Dispersion Formulations from Pilot to Production Scale” on Nov. 12. A full schedule of both events can be found here: BASF technical sessions at AAPS 2013
About Nutrition & Health
BASF’s Nutrition & Health division develops, produces and markets a comprehensive range of products and services for the human and animal nutrition, pharmaceutical as well as flavor and fragrance industries. The division strives to contribute to a better life through improving the nutrition, health and wellbeing of people across the world. Important human nutrition products include vitamins and carotenoids, plant sterols, emulsifiers and omega-3 fatty acids. Its feed additives such as vitamins, carotenoids, enzymes and organic acids make Nutrition & Health a worldwide leader for the animal nutrition market. The division provides the pharmaceutical industry with active ingredients such as caffeine and ibuprofen, as well as excipients and custom synthesis services. Furthermore, it produces aroma ingredients such as citral, geraniol and L-menthol for the flavor and fragrance industry.