Research and Markets has announced the addition of the "Worldwide 3D Printing Market Forecasts & Opportunities, 2020: SLA, SLS, EBM, FDM, EBM, LOM, 3DP" report to their offering.
3D printing is a technique to create 3D objects by placing layer over layer with the help of an additive material and a digital file (CAD). Initially, these models were limited to prototyping purpose but recently 3D printing has made a radical shift towards mainstream product manufacturing in industries ranging from aerospace to consumer products. Stereo Lithography (SLA) is the most primitive method for creating prototypes in order to find the possibility of a design before investing in its manufacturing. Since then, many technologies have evolved such as Laser Sintering (LS), Electron Beam Melting (EBM), Fused Disposition Modeling (FDM), Laminated Object manufacturing (LOM), and others.
These continuous technological developments have helped 3D printing to move towards mainstream industrial manufacturing. Moreover, the benefits provided by this techniques with regards to the traditional manufacturing methods (injection molding, CNC machining, vacuum casting) have made it a more favorable, quicker, and less expensive option for manufacturers, worldwide. 3D printing has a huge growth potential, especially, in markets that are characterized by low volume, complex architecture and highly individualized applications.
The main driving factors responsible for the explosive growth of the 3D printing market include new and improved technologies, variety of materials ranging from polymers to living tissue, supportive regulations, government funding, and huge untapped market. Among all the application sectors, automotive industry, consumer products, aerospace, and healthcare have contributed the largest market share. Moreover, aerospace and healthcare are estimated to grow exponentially in the coming future.
Scope of the report
- Applications: 3D printing is used for various applications such as in the automotive, aerospace, consumer, healthcare, government & defense, industrial, and education and research sectors.
- Technologies: In this research report, the 3D printing technology is segregated into Stereo lithography (SLA), Laser Sintering, Electron Beam Melting (EBM), Fused Disposition Modeling (FDM), Laminated Object manufacturing (LOM), Three Dimensional Inkjet printing (3DP), and the likes.
- Materials: The materials used in 3D Printer are polymers, metals & alloys, powder, and others. The metals' based 3D printing holds the future prospect of the market.
- Regions: Geographical analysis covers Americas, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and ROW. In accordance with this report, the Americas, currently, leads the 3D Printing market. European region is the fastest growing market, and it is believed that it will surpass Americas in the near future.
Key Topics Covered:
2 Executive Summary
3 Cover Story
4 3D Printing Market Overview
5 3D Printing Technology Market
6 3D Printing Materials Market
7 Market By Application
8 Market By Geography
9 Competitive Landscape
10 Company Profiles
- 3D Systems
- 3T Rpd
- Arcam Ab
- Concept Laser
- Envisiontec Gmbh
- Gpi Prototype& Manufacturing Services Inc
- Hoganas Ab
- Materialise Nv
- Mcor Technologies Ltd
- Microtec Gesellschaft Für Mikrotechnologie Mbh
- Optomec Inc
- Organovo Holdings
- Stratasys, Inc
- Voxeljet Ag
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/d7rh63/3d_printing