Creaform, worldwide leader in portable 3D measurement solutions, 3D engineering services, today announced the release of Pipecheck 3.1, its pipeline integrity assessment software that is now compatible with the ASME B31.8 industry standard.
With Creaform’s metrology-grade scanners and sophisticated algorithms, strain-based assessment is now possible and accessible to everyone!
There is no software capable of performing quick and easy calculation processes for strain-based assessment of mechanical damage. This type of assessment usually requires a high level of expertise. Being able to choose the points used in the calculation process is not only unique but extremely intuitive thanks to the powerful pipeline integrity assessment solution available for NDT service companies.
Several other enhancements have been added to this version of Pipecheck, including:
- Scan edition: The scan module of Pipecheck has been improved to allow operations on the scan surface. Operations, such as increase/decrease resolution and delete permanently scanned surface, are now available.
- Clustering definition: It’s now possible to define “cluster” types in Pipecheck to enhance the ILI correlation module.
- Manual selection of corroded features: This tool is designed to evaluate the burst pressure over a specific scanned region. Pipecheck software will first run a complete assessment over the entire scan and then focus on the specific regions to determine repair actions over long features or enhance ILI correlation.
- Volume of material loss: Pipecheck will now calculate the volume of material loss per feature and over the entire scanned region.
- Optimized targets: This feature has been completely revamped for increased performances.
Pipecheck 3.1 is available by contacting Creaform or a member of its vast network of distributors.