The British Board of Agrément (BBA) is pleased to announce the arrival of their new environmental chamber designed to challenge the performance of externally applied wall systems.
The leading, independent product accreditation and test body has invested in a bespoke environmental chamber - capable of sending temperatures soaring to 70°C and plummeting to -20°C to put domestic and commercial wall systems to the test.
The chamber further increases the BBA’s capacity to carry out a wide range of hygrothermal tests - thermal cycling with water spray - designed to simulate and accelerate the most extreme conditions a wall system can expect in service.
Stuart Sadler, Head of Test at the BBA, said: “This is a very important addition to our already extensive facilities and increases our capacity for testing wall systems. Lead times are now dramatically reduced and this will really help to improve the excellent levels of service we offer to our customers.”
The latest, state-of-the-art, addition to the BBA’s renowned test facilities is part of its ongoing programme of work and investment to maintain high service levels and improve turnaround times.
The chamber was designed and built to a high specification to meet the demanding requirements of the following Standards and is also capable of undertaking bespoke thermal and spray cycles to fit our customers’ requirements:
- MOAT 22 UEAtc Directive for the Assessment of External Insulation Systems for Walls (Expanded Polystyrene Insulation Faced with a Thin Rendering)
- ETAG 004 Guideline for European Technical Approval of External Thermal Insulation Composite Systems (ETICS) with Rendering
- ETAG 017 Guideline for European Technical Approval of VETURE Kits - Prefabricated Units for External Wall Insulation
- Draft EN 16383 - Thermal insulation products for building applications. Determination of the hygrothermal behavior of external thermal insulation composite systems with renders (ETICS)
- BBA specification for park homes
To complement its investment and in keeping with the robust nature of its assessment, inspection and test services operations, the BBA has also expanded its capabilities to carry out complimentary tests for weathertightness, dynamic wind loading and small scale testing in accordance with the above Standards.
This addition to the BBA’s test facilities is further proof that the BBA remains committed to helping businesses and organisations supply the construction industry with products, systems and installers of the utmost quality.
For further information, or to pre-book a test slot, email: [email protected]