INEOS Styrolution has announced that Autometal has selected the company’s specialty ABS (acrylonitrile butadiene styrene) Novodur® Ultra 4255 for a range of interior and exterior high-end applications.
Providing High-End Injection Plastic Parts
Autometal, part of CIE Automotive group, has specialized in providing high-end injection plastic parts, electroplated and decorative components to the automotive industry. The company has selected INEOS Styrolution’s Novodur® Ultra 4255 for an exterior application (roof rack cover) and an interior application (speaker grill).
Novodur® Ultra 4255
- Novodur® Ultra 4255 is a comparatively new material being in the market for less than three years.
- It was initially developed in close cooperation with various automotive partners, following specifications of the automotive industry.
- The material convinces with its combination of high impact strength at room as well as low temperatures, low temperature ductility (100% ductility at -30 °C), high heat resistance and low emission.
- In addition, best in class flowability properties ensure easy processing.
- For Autometal, the paintability performance of Novodur® Ultra 4255 was one of deciding criteria to select this material for its components. Novodur® Ultra 4255 offers great mechanical properties and a good flowability for easy processing. Together with the high quality of the material, Autometal experienced significant cost savings.
- Autometal appreciates INEOS Styrolution as a reliable supplier of high-performance materials.
Paulo Gomes, Executive Sales and Marketing Manager at INEOS Styrolution in Brazil, concludes: “We are excited to work with Autometal. We are eager to provide them with the best and most innovative materials for their existing solutions and for future designs.”