Feb 18 2004
Acrylonitrile methylacrylate provides one of the best single layer oxygen barriers of all packaging materials. Products made from acrylonitrile methylacrylate display excellent strength and chemical resistance.
Acrylonitrile methylacrylate can be used to make a range of polymeric products such as films, sheets and bottles. These forms can be produced using processes such as extrusion, injection moulding, calerdering and thermoforming.
Characteristics of products made out of acrylonitrile methylacrylate include:
• Rigid containers and flexible films are exceptionally tough
• Good chemical resistance to acids, bases and other corrosive compounds
• High gloss and shine
The main application for acrylonitrile methylacrylate is in packaging. Examples of packaging where acrylonitrile methylacrylate are used include:
• Medical and pharmaceutical products
• Bottle for chemicals
• Packaging for personal care, hygiene and cosmetic products
• Foods (acrylonitrile methylacrylate is UV resistant and extends shelf life by sealing in flavours)
Primary author: AZoM.com