• Rapid dissolution at normal casthouse operating temperatures.
• Concentrated form means reduced inventory, transport and storage costs compared with binary master alloys.
• High element recovery – typically over 95%.
• Minimal temperature loss upon addition.
• Accurate and clean addition with no weighing needed for packaged product.
• Rapid, consistent solubility of self-sinking tablets means less energy and less cost.
• Precise weight and easy handling with color-coded, light-weight packs.
Recommended Addition Practice of Alloying Tablets
After calculating the required addition, skim off heavy dross and add the self-sinking alloying packs, or individual tablets evenly over the melt surface. Hold the bath temperature for 5-10 minutes, with a recommended minimum temperature of 720°C (1,328°F), then stir well to maximize recovery and homogeneity. These smaller tablets were developed for applications such as additions to channel induction furnaces, transfer launders, semi-automatic bulk charging systems and precise compositional adjustment for smaller foundries. The versatile briquetted compacts also allow accurate addition and adjustment in many applications.