Laser Cheval, a pioneer in its field has specialized for almost 40 years in the construction and design of laser machines for micromachining. The company is located in the center of France’s micro-engineering industry and is the first French manufacturer of the industrial laser.
It is bolstered by its test and feasibility center and experimented staff, its subcontracting center, and its capability to work along with its customers.
Laser marking has an impact on the material surface and is hence shallow. A large number of industries are turning to laser technology for marking their products, be it a data matrix code, identification, décor etc. The increase of laser industrial marking can be explained as it has a number of advantages that include the following:
- The range of materials that can be laser marked is very important; the Laser Cheval machines help mark metal or plastics. The testing center is available for testing sample feasibility.
- Laser marking is unalterable and permanent and counterfeiting is prevented.
- Laser marking is quick, offering a high productivity gain when compared to conventional systems.
- Laser marking is precise and marking is possible where mechanical marking cannot. The marking can thus be done on complicated or simple components, flat or not.
- Laser marking is good and it is possible to score details and very small characters
- Laser marking is of high quality enables the marking of very small characters and details
- The flexible programming enables customization (logos, symbols, etc.), traceability (alphanumeric references, barcodes, data matrix, etc…)
- No human or mechanical contact
- Laser marking is eco-friendly and non-toxic.
The laser engraving process includes removing material and is also referred to as deep marking. Laser engraving has the same benefits as marking. The benefits are:
- Work on many materials
- All surfaces (flat or forms)
Fine laser cutting applies to a range of materials where complicated contours require accurate and fast processing and with no resistance. The method has several different types of materials where complicated contours demand quick and precise processing and with no resistance. The method has several benefits the main one being machining without deformation of components up to 3 mm thick. The laser achieves a precision that is inferior to 1/100 mm on a range of materials such as aluminum, steel, precious metals, ceramics, copper, brass and silicon. Other benefits of laser cutting are the absence of contact on the component that may be of a complicated or a simple form and restricted tooling costs.
Micro-Welding and Welding
In the case of seal or tight welding on simple or complicated components, the laser process can weld by seams or point by point with a high accuracy and quality. The features include:
- Absence of mechanical stress
- Speed and accuracy
- No additional material
- No additional shapes
- Complicated thickness
The test center along with the engineering and design department studies the machine entirely adapted to the needs.
Laser drilling involves realizing small diameter circular holes without moving the beam. Beyond a diameter of ≥ 0.3 mm and based on the material, the realization of holes is done by coring. Materials that can be drilled are numerous, including steel, ruby, ceramic, leather and plastic.
Laser drilling applications are present in a number of fields that include jewelry, watches, automotive and aerospace industries. Several tests and developments help in expanding their competencies including femto second and micro-drilling lasers for drilling very small diameters.
About Laser Cheval
Pioneer in its field, Laser Cheval has specialized for nearly 40 years in the design and construction of laser machines for micromachining. Located in the center of France’s micro-engineering industry, Laser Cheval is the first French manufacturer of industrial laser.
Bolstered up by its experimented staff, its test and feasibility center, its subcontracting department, and its ability to work in partnership with its customers, Laser Cheval has already installed over 900 machines worldwide, in all areas of applications.
Laser Cheval has the DIN EN ISO 9001:2008 certification for its subcontracting department.
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Laser Cheval.
For more information on this source, please visit Laser Cheval.