Two component epoxy adhesive EP21AOLV-2Med--used for bonding, sealing, coating and encapsulation--passes USP Class VI biocompatibility testing and ISO 10993-5 cytotoxicity requirements. It resists many chemicals including water, oils, fuels and most notably, EtO, radiation and several cold sterilants. This compound has good flow properties, a convenient one to one mix ratio by weight and can be dispensed manually or automatically.
EP21AOLV-2Med features many other advantageous properties including superior physical strength, dimensional stability, a high tensile modulus, exceptional compressive strength and very low shrinkage upon curing. This system is both a first rate thermal conductor and an impressive electrical insulator.
- USP Class VI certified for biocompatibility
- Passes ISO 10993-5 test for cytotoxicity
- High thermal conductivity of 9-10 BTU•in/ft2•hr•°F [1.2981-1.4423 W/(m·K)]
- Tensile modulus 500,000 to 550,000 psi at 75 °F
- Compressive strength 22,000 to 25,000 psi at 75 °F
- Dielectric constant, 75 °F, 60 Hz: 4.7