EP21TP-2 can be used as an adhesive, sealant, coating, and encapsulant. With a convenient one to one mix ratio by weight or volume, the system features superior thermal shock and chemical resistance while maintaining durable bonds to similar and dissimilar substrates. EP21TP-2 cures at ambient temperatures, has a low viscosity and can be easily applied manually or automatically. This compound displays flexibility and is noted for its ability to withstand prolonged exposure to fuel, gasoline, hydraulic fluids, oils and many acids. Shore D hardness is 60-65.
Due to these properties, EP21TP-2 is often recommended as a fuel tank sealants and as a potting compound for electrical connectors exposed to fuels, oils and lubricants.
- Tensile strength, 75 °F: 3,000-4,000 psi
- Shore D Hardness, 75 °F: 60-65
- Elongation, 75 °F: 40-80%
- Coefficient of thermal expansion, 75 °F: 55-60 x 10-6 in/in/°C
- Volume resistivity, 75 °F: >1014 ohm-cm
- Service temperature range: -80 °F to +250 °F [-62 °C to +121 °C]