A wide range of infrared wire grid polarizers is manufactured by Specac for FTIR spectroscopic analysis.
- Achieving optimum sensitivity for reflectance measurements
- Measurement of thin films on reflective surfaces
- Studying the orientation effects of polymers, single crystals, and other types of molecules
- Barium fluoride (BaF2)
- Germanium (Ge)
- Calcium fluoride (CaF2)
- Thalium bromoiodide (KRS-5)
- Zinc selenide (ZnSe)
The infrared wire grid polarizers have a grid periodicity of 4000 lines/mm, which allow them to provide excellent throughput and high extinction coefficients over the 5000 cm−1 to 285 cm−1 range. The polarizer has a thin profile that makes it perfect for FT-IR applications where there are space limitations.
Usable in Conjunction with Spectrometer Accessories
The polarizers can be directly fitted into the aperture ports of all Benchmark™ baseplate compatible accessories available from Specac. Accessories include the Gateway™ horizontal ATR, Silver Gate™ Evolution ATR, Golden Gate™ ATR systems, and the Tornado™ and Cyclone™ long pathlength gas cells. These polarizers can even be used with 3″ x 2″ Polarizer Rotator Slide Mount offered by Specac.
FTIR Polarizer Reviews
Great product and affordable price.
Andrei Sirenko, Department of Physics, New Jersey Institute of Technology
- High transmission
- High extinction ratio
- Ge, CaF2, ZnSe, BaF2, and KRS-5 substrates
- Wavelength range: 5000 cm−1 to 285 cm−1
- Includes a 25-mm clear aperture
- Wide acceptance angle for non-collimated beam
- FT-IR compatible mounting features
Specac - Introduction to FTIR