Reader and Research Coordinator
Loughborough University, Department of Materials
44 (1509) 223173
Click here to visit Web Site
B.Sc.(Hons) in Metallurgy and Materials Science at Nottingham University. Ph.D. at Loughborough University. Became Lecturer in Materials Engineering at Loughborough in 1996, Senior Lecturer in 2001 and Reader in Surface Engineering in 2007.
Research Interests and Activities
Surface and Engineering
- Electrodeposited composite coatings
- Multilayer coatings
- Pulsed plating
- Non-chromate conversion coatings
- Electrodeposition from ionic liquids
- Metal Whiskers
- Growth of tin and zinc whiskers
- Corrosion mechanisms
- Protection through electrochemical surface treatments.
BSc Nottingham, PhD Loughborough, AMIMMM, FIMF, MICorr
- ‘An EXAFS Investigation of Molybdate-based Conversion Coatings’, Wilcox GD, Ross DH, Treacy GM, Wharton JA, Journal of Applied Electrochemistry, 33, 553-561, (2003).
- ‘Observations of the Spontaneous Growth of Tin Whiskers on Tin-Manganese Alloy Electrodeposits’, Wilcox GD, Chen K. Physical Review Letters, 94, 066104, (2005).
- ‘Microstructure, Morphology and Corrosion Resistance of Electrodeposited Zinc-Cobalt Compositionally Modulated Alloy Multilayer Coatings’, Wilcox GD, Bahrololoom ME, Gabe DR, Transactions of the Institute of Metal Finishing, 82[1-2], 51-58, (2004).
- ‘Development of a Bath for Electrodeposition of Zinc-Cobalt Compositionally Modulated Alloy Multilayered Coatings’, Wilcox GD, Bahrololoom ME, Gabe DR, Journal of the Electrochemical Society, 150(3), 144-151, (2003).