Dean, College of Science, Technol. and Environment
University of Western Sydney
Building H4, Hawkesbury Campus, Locked Bag 1797
South Penrith Distribution Centre
61 (2) 45701210
61 (2) 45701403
Click here to visit Web Site
I have over 30 years of research and teaching in Environmental Chemistry especially Organic Geochemistry. I am also extensively working in the areas of nanotechnology, new methods of illicit drug analysis, detection technology in nuclear magnetic resonance and laser ablation mass spectroscopy and new understanding of soil and other geological organic matter
D. Sc. Chemistry (Uni. of Auckland) 1988
Ph. D. Chemistry (Uni. of Auckland) 1974
M. Sc.(Hons) (Uni. of Auckland) 1970
B. Sc. (Uni. of Auckland) 1969
1. Lee G.S.H., Brinch K. and Wilson M.A., "Forensic Characterisation of Condoms using 13C NMR Spectroscopy", J. Forensic Sciences, 46, 40-53 (2001).
2. Wilson M.A., Moy A., Rose H., Kanningara K., Young B.R., McCulloch D.G. and Cockayne D.J.H. "Fullerene Blacks and Cathode Deposits Derived from Plasma Arcing of Graphite with Naphthalene. Fuel, 59, 47-56 (2000).
3. Lee G.S.H., Taylor R., Dawson M., and Wilson M.A. "Differences in Solid State NMR Spectra of Some Amphetamines and Related Compounds", Solid State NMR 16, 225-238 (2000)
4. Marshall C.P., Rose H.R., Lee G.S.H., Mar G.L. and Wilson M.A., "Structure of Organic Matter in Conodonts with Different Colour Alteration Indexes", Organic Geochemistry, 30, 1339-1352 (1999).
5. Wilson M.A., Farquharson G.J., Tippett J.M., Quezada R.A. and Armstrong, "Humic Substances. Aluminophilicity of the Humic degradation Product 5-Hydroxybenzene-1,3-Dicarboxylic Acid", Ind. Eng. Chem. Res., 37, 2410-2415 (1998).
Professional Institution Membership
Significant Employment History
Professor of Chemistry (1996-present)
University of Technology, Sydney
R and D Manager (1992-1995)
Chief Research Scientist (1990-1992)
Materials consulting services
Fee Charging structure and rates
To be negotiated between client and UTS.
Availability and preferred contact route
Please contact by e-mail
Current availability status