CERAM Research Ltd
44 (1782) 764240
44 (1782) 412331
Click here to visit Web Site
Microstructural characterisation and control of the dispersion of inorganic powders:
- Clay-based ceramics
Optimisation of colloidal shaping techniques:
- Slip casting
- Pressure casting
- Tape casting
- Gel casting
- Porous materials (by Starch consolidation)
- Injection moulding
Characterisation of consolidated bodies with non-destructive procedures:
- Drying-shrinkage behaviour
- Dielectric spectroscopy
- Liquid immersion technique
Ph.D. (University of Aveiro, Portugal) 1999
D.Chem.Eng (University of Bologna, Italy) 1995
I published more than 20 papers in several SCI refered scientific journals. Among them:
1. "Influence of Magnesia on Colloidal Processing of Alumina", J. European Ceramic Society, 17 (11) 1341-1350 (1997).
2. "Influence of Stabilisation Mechanism and Solid Loading on Colloidal Processing of Alumina", J. European Ceramic Society, 18 (5) 479-486 (1998).
3. "Influence of Solid Loading on Drying-Shrinkage behaviour of Slip Cast Bodies", J. European Ceramic Society, 18 (5) 487-493 (1998).
4. "Processing of Porous Cordierite Bodies by Starch Consolidation", Materials Research Bulletin, 33 (10) 1439-1448 (1998).
5. "Consolidation of Porcelains with Polysaccharides", J. of Amer. Ceramic Society , 84 (4) 719-25 (2001).
Professional Institution Membership
Italian Ceramic Society
Portuguese Society of Rheology
Italian Society of Rheology
Significant Employment History
I am the currently the leader of the rheology team at CERAM, dealing with several industrial confidential-based projects and scientific research programmes related to processing of ceramics and other inorganic materials in the slurry state.
I offer advice and consultancy under strict confidentiality. I am happy to advise on all aspects related to liquid-based forming techniques and rheology of suspensions.
Fee Charging structure and rates
I answer questions which take less than 10 minutes for free. If further work is likely to be of benefit, I will assist you to scope and define this and give you an indication of CERAM's fees for carrying out this work.
Availability and preferred contact route
I prefer to be contacted by e-mail only. I try to provide an initial response within 24 hours if my workload allows.
Current availability status