Professor of Orthopaedic Research
Loma Linda University School of Medicine
250 E. Caroline Street, Suite H
1 (909) 8240578
1 (909) 8248493
Click here to visit Web Site
I have many years expertise in the area of biomaterials, in particular materials such as:
- Cobalt-chrome alloys
Specific areas include tribology, failure analysis and behaviour.
Ph. D. (Bioengineering, University of Strathclyde) 1972
B.S. (Mechanical Engineering, University of Strathclyde) 1968
1. Clarke IC, Johnson S, Phipatanakul W and Good V, "Effect of hip loading input on simulated wear of Al2O3-PTFE materials. Wear 250 159-66, 2001.
2. Oparaugo P, Clark IC et al., Correlation of wear-induced osteolysis and revision with volumetric wear-rates of polyethylene. Acta Orthop. Scand. 72 22-28, 2001.
3. Ueno M, Amino H, Oonishi, Clarke IC et al., Wear of alumina on alumina THR - effect of lubricant. Key Eng. Mat. 192-95 561-564, 2001.
4. Yamamoto K, Clarke IC, et al, Microwear phenomena of UHMWPE cups and debris morphology related to gamma-radiation dose in simulator study. J. Biomed. Mater. Res., 56(1) 65-73, 2001.
5. Clarke IC and Gustafson A, Clinical and hip simulator comparisons of ceramic on polyethylene and wear performance in total hip replacements. Acta Orthop. Rel. Res., 379, 34-40, 2000.
Professional Institution Membership
American Institute for Medical and Biological Engineering (AIMBE) - Founding Fellow (1992)
American Hip Society (1980)
Biomaterials Society (1978)
American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM) - F-4 Committee on Medical Devices (1973)
Orthopaedic Research Society (1973)
Biomechanical Engineering Society (1972)
American Society of Mechanical Engineers (1972)
Institute of Mechanical Engineers - Graduate Member (1968)
Significant Employment History
Director of Orthopaedic Research, Loma Linda University 1996 - Present
President, Kinamed Inc, 1987-1993
Bioengineering Reserch Institute, 1983-1987
Director of Orthopaedic Biomechanics Laboratory, University of Southern California 1979-1983
Adjunct Professor,University of Southern California 1972-1979
Materials consulting services based on my areas of expertise such as biomaterials and tribology.
Fee Charging structure and rates
Fees are negotiable between client and LLU.
Availability and preferred contact route
I prefer to be contacted via e-mail.
Current availability status