Posted in | Petrochemicals

Japan Ethyl Acetate JV Celebrates Smooth Start Up

Japan Ethyl Acetate, the joint venture between Showa Denko and Kyowa Hakko Kogyo Co held a ceremony at Showa Denko’s Oita petrochemical complex to celebrate the smooth start up of the new 100,000 ton per year facility.

Ethyl acetate is a solvent that is an environmentally friendly alternative to toluene and xylene. It is used in printing and painting applications and is growing in popularity as the push for environmentally friendly alternatives and improved work conditions continues.

The joint venture was established in August 2003. Showa Denko owns 55% of the joint venture with Kyowa Hakko Kogyo owning th remaining 45%.

For more information on paints, click here.

Tell Us What You Think

Do you have a review, update or anything you would like to add to this news story?

Leave your feedback
Submit