FUJIFILM Corporation (President and CEO: Shigetaka Komori) has announced the development of the new "3D Print System" which achieves high-quality and natural 3D print captured with a 3D digital camera. This new system, the printer and a PC, is ideal for on-location 3D photography at tourist spots, theme parks, events, and other locations that offer photo printing services on site because it is easy to set up and requires small foot print.
Thanks to this new development in the field of 3D imaging, the enjoyment of 3D images will be more accessible to a wider audience than ever before. This new 3D Print System is scheduled to be available from 2nd Quarter of 2010.
Featuring Fujifilm's "Image Intelligencee" technology, the system employs a printing method that uses thermal sublimation to transfer images directly onto lenticular sheets to create a 3D effect. Prints will be available in four different types from 4x6 inches (10.2 x 15.2cm) to 6 x 9 inches (15.2 x 22.9cm). In addition, variety of 3D prints are available including 3D composite prints using 3D templates.
This has been called the first year of 3D, with predictions for rapid mass-appeal of 3D image enjoyment, from sales of 3D televisions to the popularization of 3D images and contents.
Fujifilm pioneered 3D in the photographic industry in 2009 with the successful launch of the "FinePix REAL 3D W1" 3D digital camera and the "FinePix REAL 3D V1" 3D Digital Viewer allowing users, for the first time, to capture and view 3D images without wearing 3D glasses. Fujifilm has also been providing a 3D printing service for images taken on its camera.
These exciting launches in 3D have positioned Fujifilm as an industry leader in 3D photography. Now, with the new "3D Print System", Fujifilm will continue new product development and promotion initiatives in the marketplace, with a view toward even further expansion of the 3D imaging field.
Main Features of 3D Print System
- High-quality 3D prints that benefit from Fujifilm's proprietary digital image processing technology, "Image Intelligence" and "3D Image Processing".
- Direct printing method which achieves high definition 3D prints on special lenticular sheets.
- Small foot print, at 450(W) x 430(D) x 900(H) mm, the 3D printer is suited to most locations.
- Four print types available: 4 x 6 inch (10.2 x 15.2 cm), 6 x 4 inch (15.2 x 10.2 cm), 5 x 7 inch (12.7 x 17.8 cm), and 6 x 9 inch (15.2 x 22.9 cm).
- Variety of 3D prints available including 3D composite prints using 3D templates.