Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/6992ff/research_report_on) has announced the addition of the "Research Report on the Chinese Nitric Acid Industry, 2010-2011" report to their offering.
By the end of 2009, China's annual production capacity of concentrated nitric acid was about 2.50 million tons. Meanwhile, there were over 30 concentrated nitric acid producers in China, of which 14 producers possess the annual production capacity of 100,000 tons or above.
The global financial crisis in 2008 led to the depression of the whole chemical market in China. At the beginning of 2009, a great many enterprises stopped nitric acid production, resulting in a reduction of market resources. During the downturn of the chemical sector, the Chinese nitric acid market took the initiative to raise prices and enhance promotion to improve the situation for almost half a year. Though the price fluctuated a little within the period, market prosperity was maintained to July 2009.
In 2009-2010, the newly added production capacity of concentrated nitric acid in China was about 300,000 tons. However, with the release of the Emission Standard of Pollutants for the Nitric Acid Industry at the end of 2009, the production devices of nitric acid by the normal pressure method, which contributed 11% to the aggregate production capacity, have been stopped due to their failure to meet the emission standards. Thus, the production capacity of concentrated nitric acid in 2010 will be the same as that in 2009, that is, 2.50 million tons. Besides, in accordance with this standard, other unqualified production devices also need reconstruction. The reconstruction and overhaul of devices will lead to the further reduction of the actual supply in China. As nitric acid is a corrosive strong acid that cannot be stored easily, the import and export volumes are small. Thus, the production basically equals the domestic consumption.
In 2009, the production of concentrated nitric acid in China totalled about 2.06 million tons, rising by 10.70% YOY.
In 2010, the downstream demand in the Chinese nitric acid industry will maintain growth, and is likely to generate a new prosperity cycle. In China, nitric acid is mainly applied in the chemical industry, which takes up over 60% of the total demand. Sub-products like aniline, TDI, MDI and dyes have a higher demand for nitric acid. The nitric acid demand is 25%-30% from aniline and 15% from TDI. As the Chinese economy gradually recovers and the production capacity of TDI & MDI are put into production intensively in 2009-2010, the downstream demand of nitric acid will assume fast growth. However, due to the energy saving and emission reduction policy, the nitric acid production capacity in China in 2010 will be almost the same as that in 2009. Thus, there will probably be short supply in the Chinese nitric acid market and the price is likely to increase.
Readers of this report will be provided with information on the following:
- Status quo of the Chinese nitric acid industry
- Production of the Chinese nitric acid industry
- Demand in the Chinese nitric acid market
- Price trends of nitric acid in China
- Competition in the Chinese nitric acid market
- Major enterprises in the Chinese nitric acid industry and their operations
- Prediction for the demand in the Chinese nitric acid market
- Contacts of major nitric acid producers in China
This report will be of interest to:
- Nitric acid producers
- Nitric acid traders
- Downstream enterprises of nitric acid
- Research institutes interested in the Chinese nitric acid industry
- Investors in the Chinese nitric acid industry
- Others interested in the Chinese nitric acid industry
Key Topics Covered:
- Overview of Nitric Acid
- Analysis on State of Development of Global Nitric Acid Industry, 2009-2010
- Analysis on Chinese Nitric Acid Market, 2009-2011
- Analysis on Downstream Industries of Chinese Nitric Acid Industry, 2009-2010
- Analysis on Major Enterprises in Chinese Nitric Acid Industry
- Prediction on Development of Chinese Nitric Acid Industry, 2010-2014
- Analysis on Investment in Chinese Nitric Acid Industry, 2010-2014
- Chart: Analysis on Nitric Acid Demand in the World, 2003-2009
- Chart: Production Capacity of Nitric Acid in China, 2005-2009
- Chart: Nitric Acid Production in China, 2005-2009
- Chart: Nitric Acid Demand in China, 2005-2009
- Chart: Export Volume of Nitric Acid in China, 2005-2009
- Chart: Major Nitric Acid Producers in China
- Chart: Production Capacity of Nitric Acid in China by Production Method, 2006-2009
- Chart: Prediction on Nitric Acid Production in China, 2010-2014
- Chart: Prediction on Nitric Acid Demand in China, 2010-2014
- Chart: Price Trend of Nitric Acid in China, 2005-2009
- Chart: Prediction on Price Trend of Nitric Acid in China, 2010-2014
- Tianji Coal Chemical Industry Group Co., Ltd
- CNPC Lanzhou Petrochemical Co., Ltd
- Sichuan Golden Elephant Chemical Company Limited
- Anhui Huainan Chemical Group
- Sinopec Nanjing Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- Jinan Chemical Fertilizer Plant Co., Ltd
- Yunnan Yunfeng Chemical Industry Co., Ltd
- Anhui Huatai Chemical Industry Co., Ltd
- Shandong Huayang Dier Chemical Co., Ltd
- Hualong Ammonium Nitrate Co., Ltd Shandong Ocean Chemical
- Shandong Liaherd Chemical Industry Co., Ltd
- Xinxiang Yongchang Chemical Co., Ltd
- China Petroleum Liaoyang Petrochemical Fiber Company
- Shijiazhuang Jinshi Chemical Fertilizer Co., Ltd.