Picture your perfect kitchen or bath. Is it warm and comfortable? Sleek and modern? Whatever you envision, Artisan Group can bring it to life.
Our national network of professional fabricators offer a unique variety of top-of-the-line countertops and accessories to make your home beautiful and luxurious. From natural granite to reclaimed wood, our product lines, Artisan Stone Collection, Saratoga Soapstone, Heritage Wood Collection, along with Firstline Sealers and our selection of Kohler® Sinks and Faucets, provide all of the options you'll need to create your perfect space. With so many different options on the market, selecting a countertop can seem difficult and overwhelming. To help you sort through all the information and assist you in making the perfect choice, Artisan Group offers this Countertop Buying Guide.
Granite is the countertop material that defines elegance in a kitchen. The exquisiteness of the stone contributes to the beauty of even the most modest kitchen. In kitchens and bathrooms where durability and stain resistance is of the utmost importance, the resilience of granite makes it a practical choice. No other material lasts longer or looks more elegant. Granite is a superb choice for any project inside or outside including walls and floors.
Advantages of Granite:
- Heat, scratch and stain resistant and nearly impossible to damage with simple, proper care and cleaning
- Looks and feels permanent and substantial
- Lasts a lifetime
- Second-highest hardness rating after diamonds
- Has a high value to homebuyers
Long a preferred choice for kitchen countertops, soapstone brings together the best of style, function and versatility. Contrasting patterns and shading add to stone’s natural beauty, imparting a unique appearance that can never be exactly duplicated. Quarried naturally with absolutely no synthetics, Saratoga Soapstone by Artisan Group offers a unique, soft color with light flowing veins in five distinctive colors: Hudson Ash, Mineral Black, Saratoga Black, Stillwater Grey and Vineyard Green. When oiled, soapstone exhibits an even more dramatic color variation. Soapstone is practically indestructible, requires almost no maintenance and adds elegance and enduring value to any project. It is not necessary to use oil or sealers on Saratoga Soapstone, but for those who prefer an enhanced patina effect, Saratoga Wax will bring out a dark richness to the stone’s natural color.
Advantages of Soapstone:
- Natural: Soapstone is quarried naturally with no synthetics; composed primarily of talc, chlorite, dolomite and magnetite.
- Heat Resistant: No damage is caused when hot pans or dishes are placed on surface.
- Stain Resistant: Soapstone is inert, meaning acids and alkalis will not harm the surface and normal household items will not stain.
- Versatile: Easier to cut and shape than marble or granite, so joints can be made inconspicuous.
- Unique: Offers a unique, soft color with light flowing veins. When oiled, soapstone exhibits an even more dramatic color variation.
Heritage Wood countertops offer a beautiful warm and inviting look and are available in a wide range of colors and finishes. If you’re looking for a sustainable countertop, reclaimed wood is a great option because it complies with LEED standards and is the most eco-friendly of countertops.
Wood is one of the more sanitary products for the kitchen, with inherent properties to protect it from bacteria build-up. Maintenance is required, including regular mineral oil treatments, particularly near the sink. Wood oxidizes over time, so some wood countertops may change their color a bit. Wood countertops are considered easy to repair. When they need refreshing, most only require a bit of sanding with a 220 fine-grit sandpaper and re-oiling.
Advantages of Wood:
- Natural with many eco-friendly options
- Easy to clean
- Provides a smooth, even surface
- Warm appearance and renewable surface
- Very sanitary with inherent anti-bacterial properties
- Won’t dull knife blades; great for cooking
- Provides a convenient, built-in chopping/food prep area
- After heavy usage, most knife marks and deeper scratches can be removed by sanding and re-oiling
- Works well with undermount sinks
Care and Use
Countertops are a significant investment in your home and Artisan Group wants to ensure that your countertops remain as beautiful as the day they were installed. That's why we offer several specialized products designed to care for and protect Artisan Stone surfaces including our signature sealer, daily clean & restore and shine spray.
Our signature Firstline Care & Use products make taking care of your countertops effortless and guarantee that they stay looking new. To learn more about our Firstline Care & Use products or to order, Find a Fabricator near you.
Why Artisan Group
When choosing a countertop for your home, quality should be your top priority. Artisan Group offers the best surfaces imported from the best sources around the globe. Exceptional granite slabs and wood countertops of exquisite color, depth and richness. Take a look at our extensive offering and discover an amazing range of colors, styles and finishes, all guaranteed to help create the home of your dreams.
Our quality and experience make Artisan Group your number-one source for countertop information. Artisan Group has more Marble Institute of America accreditations than any other group, meaning they rank at the top for stone fabrication shops. We offer several resources to help you make the most informed choice possible. Be sure to visit our website for answers to questions about selecting and installing kitchen and bath countertops and other surfaces. Then visit a qualified professional in your area to view and hand-select your new countertops.