Dec 15 2010
Research and Markets has announced the addition of John Wiley and Sons Ltd's new book "Characterization and Control of Interfaces for High Quality Advanced Materials III: Ceramic Transactions, Volume 219" to their offering.
This proceedings volume features 59 peer-reviewed papers from ICCCI2009 on interface characterization and control technology, powder and composite processing, joining, the control of airborne particulates, new metallic glasses, and interface phenomena at high temperature. ICCCI2009 was supported by the Global COE Program Center of Excellence for Advanced Structural and Functional Materials Design lead by Professor Tomoyuki Kakeshita at Osaka University, the Project on Joining Technology for New Metallic Glasses and Inorganic Materials, the Institute of Materials Research (IMR) of Tohoku University, the Materials and Structures Laboratory (MSL) of the Tokyo Institute of Technology, Kobe Gakuin University, Hosokawa Powder Technology Foundation, the Japan JSPS 124th Committee, and the Joining and Welding Research Institute (JWRI) of Osaka University.
Over 160 scientists and engineers from academia and industry from 18 different countries attended ICCCI2009 to see and discuss 140 invited and contributed presentations and posters on the state-of-the-art of interface characterization and control for particulate materials, joining, and nanotechnology.
Key Topics Covered:
JOINING TECHNOLOGY FOR NEW METALLIC GLASSES AND INORGANIC MATERIALS.
- Devitrification Behavior and Crystal-Glassy Mixed-Phase Structures Observed in Partially Crystallized Cu-Based Glassy Alloys
- Direct Bonding of Copper to Alumina and Its Characterization
- Synthesis and Characterization of Materials Harmonized with the Environment Proton Conductive Silica-Based Hybrid Membranes for Fuel Cells at Intermediate Temperatures
- Formation of Bone-Like Hydroxyapatite on Surface-Modified Bulk Metallic Glass Using a Hydrothermal-Electrochemical Method
- Low Temperature Bonding of Bulk Metallic Glass Using an Ultrasonic Process
- Microstructure and Properties of a Ni-Based Metallic Glass Coating Produced by Gas Tunnel Type Plasma Spraying
- Tensile Behavior of Zr-Based Bulk Metallic Glass in High-Speed Tensile Tests
- Microstructure Formation on a Titanium-Based Bulk Metallic Glass Plate by Femtosecond Laser Irradiation
- Laser Butt Welding of Mg-Based Metallic Glass
- Terahertz Wave Properties of Micro Patterned Titania and Metallic Glass Particles in Hexagonal Tablets Fabricated Using Microstereolithography
- Thermal Stability of Zr55Cu30Ni5Al10 Metallic Glass in Contact with Aluminum
- Laser Welding of Zr55Cu30Al10Ni5 Bulk Metallic Glass
NANO-PARTICLES AND POWDERS.
- Nanostructured (Y1-xGdx)2O3:Eu3+ Powders Obtained through Aerosol Synthesis
- A Simple Approach to Form Hydrothermally Stable Templated Hollow Silica Nanoparticles
- Photocatalytic Properties of Titania/Silica Composite Nanoparticles and Gels
- Pressure Filtration of Phenylalanine-Adsorbed Submicrometer Silicon Carbide Particles
- Characterization of the Tribological Interface in Low Wear Magneli Type Ceramics
- Dispersion Behavior and Surface Interaction Control of SiC Nanoparticles in Aqueous Media by Using Polymeric Dispersants
- Fibrous Composite Powder Compacts for Thermal Insulation at High Temperature
- Fabrication of Non-Firing Ceramics by Surface Particle Activation Using a Planetary Ball Mill
- Dispersion Behavior of Carbon Black Nanoparticles with a Silane Coupling Agent in an Organic Solvent
- Morphological Change during Drying in the Synthesis of ZnO Microtubes from an Aqueous Solution
- Preparation of ZnO/Al2O3 Nanocomposite Particles by Mechanical Treatment
INTERFACE CHARACTERIZATION AND CONTROL.
- Thermal Properties of Materials at Interfaces for Electronic Application
- General Analytical Concept and Design Methodology to Producing a Clay-Based Polymer Nanocomposite
- Time Dependence of Contact Angle between Silver-Copper-Titanium Alloys and Boron Nitride
- Hard X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy Analysis for Organic-Inorganic Hybrid Materials Formation
- Numerical Analysis of Plasma Keyhole Welding of an Aluminum Thin Plate
- A Simulation Model of a Short Arc Lamp
ENERGY AND ENVIRONMENT.
- Some Recent Advances in the Understanding of Gas-Solid Interactions during the Gasification of Brown Coal and Biomass
- Synthesis and Applications of Porous Carbon Materials in Thailand: A Review of Recent Research
- Modern Real-Time Characterization of Airborne Nanoparticles
- Novel Recycling Process of Waste FRP for Advanced Materials
- Numerical Simulation of Flow and NOx Reduction in a de-NOx Catalyst Honeycomb
- Creation of Triple-Phase-Boundary in a Solid Oxide Fuel Cell Using a Three-Dimensionally Ordered Structure
- Chemical Reductive Preparation of Ni Decorated Conductive Porous Alumina Composite and Its Electro-Performance in Alkaline Solution
- Influence of the Functional Groups on Carbon Black Particles on the Zeta-Potential
SMART PROCESSING TECHNOLOGY.
- Eudragit Polymer Encapsulated Hydroxyapatite Microspheres as a Carrier for the Sustained Release of Small Molecular Drugs
- Preparation of Estradiol Submicron Emulsions to Improve Brain Targeting through the Nasal Route in Rats
- Development of a Combinatorial Plasma Process Analyzer for Advanced R&D of Next Generation Nanodevice Fabrication
- Spark Plasma Sintering of Carbon Particles Coated with Al2O3 Ceramic
- Plasma-Enhanced Nanoparticles-Beam Deposition for High-Rate Formation of Nanocomposite Films
- Microstructures Formed on Stainless Steel by Femtosecond Laser Irradiation
- Fabrication and Densification of SiC Coated Carbon Microparticles
- Effect of Particle Dispersion on a Gel-Cast Green Body
- Effect of the Polymer Structure in a Gelcast Green Body on Graphitization
- Fabrication of Alumina Diamond Photonic Crystals with Twinned Interfaces to Develop Terahertz Wave Resonators
- Fabrication of Alumina Dental Crowns Using Stereolithography
- Structure and Photochemical Properties of a TiO2-In2O3-SnO2-Al2O3 Film Prepared by Electrolysis of an Aqueous Solution
- Predicting the Reliability of Brittle Materials
- Effective Methods to Determine Hardness and Toughness of Structural Ceramics
- Design and Reliability of Layered Ceramics
- Metallic Bonding with the Use of Copper Compound Powders
- Effect of Plasma Spray Coating Parameters on the Microstructure and Performance of an Alumina/Copper Composite
- Fabrication of Nano-TiO2 Coated Morphgenetic Carbon and Its Photocatalytic Performance
- Microstructure and Mechanical Properties of Friction Stir Welded lnconel 718 Alloy
- In Situ Observation of Phase Transformations in Fe-0.08C Alloy
- Author Index.