Icynene, the leader in open-cell, light density spray foam insulation, is expanding its array of high performance solutions for the building community with the launch of ICYNENE MD-C-200, a robust 2 lb. closed-cell spray foam insulation, at the 2011 NAHB International Builders’ Show in Orlando.
ICYNENE MD-C-200 meets the strict standards of quality and performance Icynene customers have come to know and trust, while opening up new insulation choices for builders, architects and homeowners seeking the most advanced construction methods, design options and energy savings.
“We are proud to offer a closed-cell formulation as part of our growing portfolio of spray foam insulation solutions,” says Howard Deck, President and CEO of Icynene. “We are excited about this product, which offers a number of structural and performance benefits that make it ideal for a wide variety of building applications.”
Expanding the comfort zone
ICYNENE MD-C-200 solves a number of problems for those who want superior insulation performance in a range of settings:
- High R-value maximizes energy efficiency in conjunction with air sealing
- Can be used with thinner framing offering more design flexibility
- Low odor
- Air impermeable material manages unwanted air leakage
- Increased structural integrity for homes and commercial buildings
- Built-in vapor retarder (Class II vapor retarder at 1.5”)
- Superior cold temperature adhesion to multiple substrates
- Code acceptance for all construction types — I, II, III, IV & V
- Formulations for all Climate Zones and altitudes
- Listed in the Collaborative for High Performance Schools Program (CHPS)
- Meets FEMA criteria for resisting water absorption
- Green approved by the NAHB
Architects and builders are now free to push the envelope of design while still meeting or exceeding code requirements that require high R-value and/or a vapor retarder. Furthermore, commercial or residential building owners can save up to 50% on their heating and cooling bills.
“ICYNENE MD-C-200 delivers all-round peace-of-mind and performance for those who want buildings and homes that work and feel the best,” says Betsy Gallacher, Vice-President of Marketing, Icynene. “It’s an investment that will keep paying dividends each and every month over the life of a home or building.”