Jan 25 2011
Research and Markets has announced the addition of John Wiley and Sons Ltd's new book "Ceramic Engineering and Science Proceedings: Advanced Ceramic Coatings and Interfaces V, Volume 31, Issue 3" to their offering.
The present volume contains sixteen contributed papers from the symposium, with topics including advanced coating processing, advanced coating for wear, corrosion, and oxidation resistance, and thermal and mechanical properties, highlighting the state-of-the-art ceramic coatings technologies for various critical engineering applications.
Key Topics Covered:
THERMAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL BARRIER COATINGS.
- Kinetics and Mechanism of Oxidation of the Reinforced Carbon/Carbon on the Space Shuttle Orbiter (Nathan Jacobson, David Hull, James Cawley, and Donald Curry).
- Thermomechanical Fatigue Life of TBCSExperimental and Modeling Aspects (Sren Sjstrm and Hakan Brodin).
- Oxidation-Induced Stresses in Thermal Barrier Coating Systems (Hugh E Evans).
- Strength Degrading Mechanisms in Plasma Spray Coated Silicon Nitride (Ramakrishna T. Bhatt Dennis S. Fox, and Abdul-Aziz AN)
- Effect of Microstructure Change of APS-TBCS on the Interfacial Mechanical Property under Shear Loading (Makoto Hasegawa and Hiroshi Fukutomi).
- Effect of Thermal Gradient on the Through-Thickness Thermal Conductivity of Plasma-Sprayed TBCS (Yang Tan, Jon Longtin, Sanjay Sampath, and Dongming Zhu).
- Thermal Property Measurement for Thermal Barrier Coatings by Thermal Imaging Method (J. G. Sun).
- Research on MoSi2-Based Oxidation Protective Coating for SiC-Coated Carbon/Carbon Composites Prepared by Supersonic Plasma Spraying (Cao Wei, Li Hejun.Wu Heng, Xue Hui, Fu Qiangang, Ma Chao, Wang Yongjie, and Wei Jianfeng).
ADVANCED COATINGS FOR WEAR AND CORROSION APPLICATIONS.
- LAFAD-Assisted Plasma Surface Engineering Processes for Wear and Corrosion Protection: A Review (V. Gorokhovsky).
- Aluminum Oxide and Silicon Nitride Thin Films as Anti-Corrosion Layers (C. Qu, P. Li, J. Fan, D. Edwards, W. Schulze, G. Wynick, R. E. Miller, L. Lin, Q. Fang, K. Bryson, H. Rubin, and X. W. Wang).
- Plasma Nitrided Austenitic Stainless Steel for Biomedical Applications (O. Gokcekaya, S. Yilmaz, C. Ergun, B. Kaya, and O. Ycel).
- A Report on the Microstructure of As-Fabricated, Heat Treated and Irradiated ZrC Coated Surrogate TRISO Particles (Gokul Vasudevamurthy, Yutai Katoh, Jun Aihara, Shohei Ueta, Lance L. Snead, and Kazuhiro Sawa).
ADVANCED COATING PROCESSING.:
- Introduction to High Velocity Suspension Flame Spraying (HVSFS) (R. Gadow, A. Killinger, J. Rauch, and A. Manzat).
- Electrophoretic Deposition of Oxide Powder by Using Non-Flammable Organic Solvent (Hideyuki Negishi, Ai Miyamoto, Akira Endo, Keiji Sakaki, Hiroshi Yanagishita, and Kunihiro Watanabe).
- Use of Glass-Ceramic Coatings Containing Water-Reactive Components as a Bonding Layer between Concrete and Metal (Charles A Weiss, Jr., Sean W. Morefield, Philip G. Malone, Karen S. Henry, Sean P. Harte, and Michael L. Koenigstein).