Reportlinker.com announces that a new market research report is available in its catalogue: Advanced Structural Carbon Products: Fibers, Foams & Composites
Use this report to:
- Learn about the major types of structural carbon materials, including key physical and
- chemical properties, raw materials, and manufacturing processes.
- Assess the effect of forthcoming changes in the structural carbons industry based upon
- the financial performance of the companies active in this market segment.
- Understand the advances in structural carbon materials manufacturing, and worldwide
- Focus on key dynamics of the industry and their areas of application.
STUDY GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
The overall goal of this study is to provide a comprehensive understanding of advances in structural carbon materials manufacturing, their commercial applications, and worldwide markets. For the purposes of this report, these materials are defined to include all types of carbon fibers, carbon foams, monolithic structural graphite, carbon-reinforced carbon composites, and certain graphene materials.Specific objectives of the study include describing the major types of structural carbon materials, including key physical and chemical properties, raw materials, and manufacturing processes. Commercial applications in which these materials are used will be discussed.Present consumption and future demand for these materials will be evaluated for the United States and other major geographical markets. Trends in technology will be analyzed and forecasted. The impact of governmental regulations will be assessed. The dynamics of the structural carbons industry will be outlined along with profiles of key manufacturers.
REASONS FOR DOING THE STUDY
This study is an update of an earlier BCC report that was published in 2011. The structural carbon materials industry and markets have continued to develop in the two years since the previous edition was published.The structural carbon materials industry serves mature markets such as defense and aerospace, with a wide variety of products satisfying the requirements of well-established applications. However, continuous technical innovations and efforts to make structural carbon technologies available for new applications (at affordable prices) are leading to the development of new markets.Corporations in the structural carbons industry need to understand the significance of these trends to manage their enterprise and resources effectively. Users of structural carbons must also understand the effect of these changes in order to select the most cost-effective option among newly available products and technologies prior to committing significant capital resources.
- Over the next half-decade, significant change will take place in global structural carbon products and applications. Technological advances in improving structure-property relationships of advanced carbon materials and breakthroughs in the manufacturing processes, resulting in lower costs, will lead to novel applications. This study analyzes the driving forces that will shape the structural carbons industry over next few years.Consequently, the information presented in this study should be useful to:
- Members of the financial community who must understand, assess, and rate the effect of forthcoming changes in the structural carbons industry based upon the financial performance of the companies active in this market segment.
- Chief executive officers who must effectively manage the assets of their company so as to benefit from forthcoming changes in the structural carbons industry.
- Directors of planning who must incorporate anticipated changes in the structural carbons industry into corporate planning documents.
- Directors of manufacturing who must implement new structural carbons technology and products into their operations.
- Directors of engineering, research, and development who must incorporate the latest in structural carbons technology and products into their designs and projects.
- Decision makers at major structural carbons consumers, such as the Department of Defense contractors involved in aerospace and aircraft manufacturing.
- Executives at companies engaged in developing competitive materials and technologies such as other reinforcement fibers like Kevlar or composites manufactured with other matrix materials such as ceramics or metal.
SCOPE OF REPORT
This report covers technological, economic, and business conditions in the structural carbons industry. Although this report is primarily a study of the U.S. market, analysis and forecasts are also provided for global markets. Included in this report are descriptions of market forces relevant to the structural carbons industry and their areas of application.The U.S. market is presented by type of structural carbons along with growth forecasts through 2018. The driving forces in the industry and the structure of the industry are also examined.International aspects of the structural carbons industry are discussed with respect to all the geographic regions and type of structural carbon material. Lastly, brief profiles of the major manufacturers are presented.
METHODOLOGY AND INFORMATION SOURCES
The report's findings and conclusions are based on information gathered from a wide range of primary and secondary sources, including vendors, users, and engineering and consulting firms. Interview data were combined with information gathered through an extensive review of secondary sources such as trade publications, trade associations, company literature, and online databases to produce the projections contained in this report.The base year for analysis and projection is 2012. With 2012 as a baseline, market projections were developed for 2013 to 2018. These projections are based on a combination of a consensus among industry sources, combined with BCC's understanding of the key market drivers and their impact from a historical and analytical perspective.