Goodfellow Ceramic and Glass Division offers a range of engineering ceramics that are ideal for the high-temperature, high-wear conditions typically found in aerospace, automotive, military, electronic and industrial fields.
These exceptional ceramics are:
- Very hard and extremely resistant to wear
- Good thermal and electrical insulators
- Able to retain mechanical properties at elevated temperatures
- More durable than metals
- Highly resistant to extremely aggressive and corrosive environments
Typical applications of engineering ceramics include:
- Wear components (blades, valves, pumps, etc.)
- High-voltage insulators
- High-temperature tubes
- Electronic substrates
- Ballistic armour
- Laser cavities
Goodfellow's line of engineering ceramics includes but is not limited to alumina, boron nitride and zirconia and is available in a wide range of forms (rod, sheet, foam, powder, crucible, etc.) or as finished components precision-machined to customer drawings.
For more information about engineering ceramics from Goodfellow, call 0800 151 3115 (UK freephone) or +44 1480 424 888, email [email protected] or visit here