H.C. Starck Solutions’ FastTrack service delivers high quality, advanced materials on time through the company’s fully integrated supply chain. The core competency materials supplied by this service include niobium, tantalum, tungsten, molybdenum and their alloys. These materials are produced at H.C. Starck’s facility located in Calne, United Kingdom.
Key Features of H.C. Starck Solutions’ FastTrack Service
The following are the key features of H.C. Starck Solutions’ FastTrack service:
- A sales and materials preparation team to make quotations and shipments
- Quoting for enquiries within a 24-hour timeframe on stock material
- H.C. Starck Solutions' global supply chain is used to quote non-stock items
- Dispatch of stock items and materials within three days from the date of ordering
- Simple fabrications are quoted and processed within the levels of FastTrack service
As part of the service, H.C. Starck Solutions offers:
- A large collection of refractory metals backed by its global supply chain
- Refractory metals in rod and sheet forms, cut to the size specified by customers with superior quality, competitive pricing, and outstanding customer service
- Niobium rolled from ingot
- Pre-rolled tantalum sheet
- TaW, MoLa, and TZM alloys
Other gauges are rolled in-house from ingot.
TZM Moly Alloy
TZM is a proven molybdenum alloy with a composition of 0.08% Zr, 0.5% Ti, and balance Mo. P/M or vacuum arc-casting processes are used to consolidate the alloy.
TZM molybdenum alloy is an ideal material for applications requiring superior creep resistance and strength at high temperatures. It does not soften or weaken even at elevated service temperatures.
ODS Mo La Alloy
ODS Mo Lanthanum is an oxide- dispersion strengthened molybdenum- based alloy consisting of lanthanum oxide. This molybdenum mixture is composed of an ultrafine array and/or dispersion of lanthanum oxide particles, exhibiting unprecedented resistance to high-temperature deformation, ductility, and recrystallization.
This alloy provides outstanding service in applications demanding high strength and dimensional stability at temperatures exceeding the capabilities of pure molybdenum or molybdenum TZM alloy.
H.C. Starck Solutions’ Materials
The chart of stock materials available from H.C. Starck Solutions is as follows:
||0.127 – 12.7 mm
||0.076 – 12.7 mm
||0.076 – 10 mm
||5 – 79 mm diameter
Pure molybdenum materials offered by H.C. Starck Solutions include:
- PD-7029 Pure Molybdenum Plate PP-22-2
- PD-7014 Pure Molybdenum Sheet Premium Grade PS-100- 2
- PD-7016 Pure Molybdenum Sheet Standard Grade PS-300-2
- PD-7028 Pure Molybdenum ASL AC Sheet 3202 Low Carbon
- PD-7030 Pure Molybdenum APL AC Plate 3203 Low Carbon.
Molybdenum alloys available from H.C. Starck Solutions include:
- PD-7001 Molybdenum Alloy TZM PM Sheet 2702
- PD-7011 Molybdenum Alloy TZM PM Plate 2703
- PD-7004 Molybdenum Alloy TZM AC Plate 3403
- PD-7005 Molybdenum Alloy TZM AC Sheet 3402
- PD-7043 Molybdenum Alloy ODS Mo-La PM Sheet 2602
- PD-7044 Molybdenum Alloy ODS Mo-La PM Plate 2603.
H.C. Starck Solutions offers a range of tantalum and tantalum alloys, including:
- PD-7033 NRC Ultra 76 Tantalum Alloy (Ta 2.5%W)
- PD-7035 NRC Tantalum (UNS R05200)
- PD-7036 NRC Tantalum Beam Melted Tantalum (ETA) (UNS R05200)
- PD-7037 NRC 91 Alloy (ta-7%)
- PD-7041 NRC Ultra 76 Tantalum Alloy (Ta 2.5%W).
Apart from these materials, niobium and niobium alloys such as PD-7034 Niobium (COLUMBIUM) and PD-7038 Grain Stablizied Niobium (GSNb), and pure tungsten materials such as PD-7007 Pure Tungsten WS Sheet 4202 and PD-7013 Pure Tungsten WP-2 4203 are also available from H.C. Starck Solutions.
“Conflict Free” Tantalum
The following two principles have been followed by H.C. Starck Solutions as part of its strategy to procure tantalum raw materials:
- Continuous expansion of recycling efforts
- Procuring raw materials from suppliers following environmentally and socially responsible business practices
H.C. Starck Solutions’ Responsible Supply Chain Management System (RSCM) describes the rigorous, worldwide applicable procurement guidelines, ensuring the procurement of raw materials from suppliers who meet stringent standards pertaining to social responsibility, occupational safety, and environmental protection.
The Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) and the Electronic Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC) organizations certified H.C. Starck Solutions for the third year in a row in 2013.
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by H.C. Starck Solutions.
For more information on this source, please visit H.C. Starck Solutions.