H.C. Starck Solutions converts technology metal powders: molybdenum (Mo), niobium (Nb), tantalum (Ta) and tungsten (W) into semi-finished, finished, and customer-specific products through production processes.
- Rotary forging
- Thermo-mechanical processing
- Surface treatment
- Additive Manufacturing
Our fabrication capabilities include complex products and assemblies along with build-to-print using the customers drawings. We offer fabrication services to the heat treatment industry including furnace hot zones, aerospace and industrial applications. We have best-in-class furnace design capabilities.
H.C. Starck Solutions’ extensive in-house state-of-the-art laboratory facilities with the latest in analytical tools, testing equipment, modeling and simulation software, assist engineers in developing new products and materials along with the evaluation of product performance. Our advanced material modeling and simulation capabilities support the rapid development of new products and processes at H.C. Starck Solutions.
H.C. Starck Solutions’ alloy development program has extended our fabricated products portfolio to allow customers to take advantage of the unique characteristics of our alloyed materials. We are working with customers in space exploration, for example, to design the highest quality, performance products for more advanced space exploration using our new Niobium C-103 alloy.
Partnering with its customers, H.C. Starck Solutions develops and optimizes materials, products and processes. We offer decades of powder metallurgical experience and the chemical know-how to formulate powders transforming them into fabricated products for the most challenging applications. With extensive in-house state-of-the-art labs equipped with the latest in analytical tools, testing equipment, modeling and simulation software, H.C. Starck Solutions can evaluate product performance for the most critical applications.
Many of the advanced technology metal powders we use, especially tungsten, tantalum and molybdenum, are recycled in-house with the highest purity levels.
H.C. Starck Solutions Targets Fast Growing Markets
The core target markets of H.C. Starck Solutions’ Fabricated Products are additive manufacturing and 3D printing, aerospace, chemical processing, electronics, energy, industrial and medical technology. H.C. Starck Solutions’ robust product portfolio includes high performance products for our core markets:
- Mo, Nb, Ta, and W spherical powders for Additive Manufacturing and 3D printing applications
- Thermal Sprays
- Ta, Mo, MoNb, MoTi, and MoW sputter targets for superior sputtering performance in end-use applications
- Flat-Panel Displays
- Tablet PCs
- Mo and W for the Furnace and LED manufacturing process
- Hot Zones
- Seed Holders
- Heating Element Materials
- Collector RIngs
- Wafer Carriers
- Heat Sinks
- Ultra 76 Tantalum, Ultra 76 Plus, NRC® 76 alloys, Ta, Nb, and W alloy for corrosion resistant applications in chemical processing, and oil and gas exploration
- Mo and W alloy components for radiology, computer tomography, and radiotherapy devices
- TZM, MoLa, Mo and W for high temperature furnace applications
- Mo glass-melting electrodes for glass and fiber glass applications
- MP35N alloy for orthodontic and prosthetic devices, oil, chemical and marine equipment, and aircraft and aerospace components
- Copper-Mo laminates for the power semiconductor industry and thermal management • Copper-Mo and Nickel-Mo laminates, WCu and MoCu composites for thermal management
- Mo and W alloy for military applications, W alloy balance weights for aircraft and helicopters • Mo30W has demonstrated excellent service life in handling high-purity molten zinc (99.99% Zn) applications
- MHC and TZM for die applications, particularly for brass extrusion
- Niobium C-103 alloy for space exploration
- Specially processed alloy additives for the steel industry