Zeus Industrial Products’ StreamLiner™ series offers the thinnest PTFE catheter lining yet, making use of the latest advancements in extruded tubing to enable revolutionary catheter design.
Our Thinnest Catheter Liners Yet
The StreamLiner™ series features an extensive array of thin wall, minimal ID/OD catheter liner options, representing a new standard in strong, flexible and precise components, suitable for the most advanced catheter designs.
PTFE Sub-Lite-Wall® StreamLiner™ XT and VT
The PTFE Sub-Lite-Wall® StreamLiner™ series can accommodate almost all in-demand catheter sizes - right down to the smallest microcatheter - enabling clinicians and engineers to improve patient care and embrace new systems of delivery.
The StreamLiner™ XT is a thin walled liner, ideal for supporting the next generation of minimally invasive therapies and expected to become the standard for microcatheter construction.
StreamLiner™ XT offers a maximum wall thickness of 0.00075″ (0.01905 mm). It has an ID range of 0.004″ – 0.040″ (0.102 – 1.016 mm) unetched, and 0.013″ – 0.040″ (0.330 – 1.016 mm) etched.
The StreamLiner™ VT can accommodate the need for larger and more traditional sizes. It is able to provide clinicians with improved standards in flexibility and length for catheter-based therapies.
The StreamLiner™ VT is slightly larger than its XT counterpart, providing a maximum wall thickness of 0.001″ (0.025 mm) and an ID range of 0.004″ – 0.120″ (0.102 – 3.048 mm).
Revolutionizing Catheter Design
The StreamLiner™ series of PTFE catheter linings have the potential to revolutionize catheter design due to their reduced overall profile. They also offer an increased lumen potential for finished catheter devices, meaning that deployment force for intra-lumen catheter technologies can be reduced. Additionally, the higher strength of StreamLiner™ PTFE catheter tubing supports better tractability and improves pushability.
StreamLiner™ XT is especially suitable for microcatheter design, allowing greater access to even the most complex anatomies and smallest vasculatures.
Improving Outcomes with Quality
The StreamLiner™ series of PTFE catheter linings is the culmination of over 50 years’ experience in advanced polymer extrusion development and manufacturing.
Zeus Industrial Products place quality at the center of their work, with customers looking to them for industry-leading advancements in catheter design that are at the forefront of improving patient care and clinical outcomes. Their quality assurance system is based on ISO standards, ensuring that the StreamLiner™ series of PTFE catheter linings not only offers high performance, but also reliability and safety as standard.
Applications and Key Properties
The StreamLiner™ series of PTFE catheter linings is primarily designed as a catheter liner, with its thin walls making it ideal for micro-sized catheters in a variety of settings. Made from high quality PTFE, they offer the following key features:
- PTFE is biocompatible. It has a long, proven history of safe use within the body and is USP Class VI certified.
- PTFE is fully fluorinated, rendering it unreactive to almost all commonly encountered bodily fluids and chemicals.
- The StreamLiner™ series offers a clear improvement on previous line sizes, offering a maximum wall thickness of 0.00075″ / 0.01905 mm (StreamLiner™ XT).
- PTFE has the lowest friction coefficient of any polymer resin. This means that it is especially useful for microcatheter design where smoothness of surface and lubricity are essential.
- PTFE components can be sterilized by ETO and autoclave, offering a maximum working temperature of 260 °C / 500 °F.
- The proprietary LoPro™ technology allows Zeus Industrial Products to create the thinnest liners yet, while simultaneously offering improved strength and comparable flexibility when compared to traditional dip-coated liners.
- These linings offer tight tolerances, with the Sub-Lite-Wall® StreamLiner™ XT boasting a standard ID tolerance of ± 0.0005″ (0.0127 mm) while VT ID standard tolerance can be as low as ± 0.001″ (0.025 mm) for ID’s greater than 0.100″ (2.54 mm).
This information has been sourced, reviewed and adapted from materials provided by Zeus Industrial Products, Inc.
For more information on this source, please visit Zeus Industrial Products, Inc.