The NanoSteel Company is an advanced materials company which has created a unique and proprietary portfolio of nanotechnology based and environmentally friendly steel alloys that greatly increase the value of steel in most of today’s industrial applications.
Product success has been through the development of Super Hard Steel® (SHS) alloys which feature nanoscale microstructures. SHS alloys are for use as metallic coatings within power generation, mining, cement, concrete and oil & gas industries.
Applied by thermal spray and weld overlay processes, NanoSteel SHS alloys dramatically increase the service life of industrial components subject to wear and corrosion environments, eliminating the need for costly alternatives and environmentally dangerous chrome plating.
Erosion and Corrosion in Circulating Fluidized Bed Boiler
In circulating fluidized bed (CFB) boiler units, a bed of circulating material (ash) helps transfer additional heat to water wall tubes and increase operating efficiency.
Woody Biomass Produces Less Ash
NanoSteel Thermal Spray Coatings Offer the Solution
NanoSteel thermal spray coatings feature a microstructure with grain sizes refined to a nanoscale (1-100 nanometers). The ultra microstructure provides a unique high hardness/toughness property combination, resulting in
- Exceptional resistance to erosion and corrosion
- High coating bond strength
NanoSteel Thermal Spray Coating
Redefining Application Standards
NanoSteel deploys a dedicated project management and applications engineering team for every boiler tube coating project to ensure
- Highest quality coating application
- Maximum coating performance
- All customer expectations are met
Onsite Testing and Analysis
Nanosteel Thermal Spray Coating Package
A custom NanoSteel thermal spray coating package includes
- Thorough analysis to understand specific wear problem and operating practices
- Optimum alloy selection by NanoSteel application engineers
- Proper surface cleaning and preparation
- Expert application by qualified technicians
- On site metallurgy lab for real time testing, process feedback and quality assurance
- Final quality inspection with formal report delivered to customer
Coating Application Inspections
Source: The NanoSteel Company
For more information on this source, please visit The NanoSteel Company.