Handbook of Rubber Bonding
For more information click here
Many books and papers have been published on the topic of adhesion of materials in general, but it is 40 years since a publication has been devoted solely to the subject of bonding of rubbers to various substrates. The topics covered by this book have been selected to cover a wide range of interests, both in terms of products and applications.
The chapters in this volume have been written by experts in their fields, so the information can be regarded as the most up to date and state of the art knowledge on a particular subject.
Topics covered include:
- Techniques of Metal Preparation
- Substrate Preparation
- Adhesives for Rubber Bonding
- Rubber to Metal Bonding using Co-agents
- Rubber to Brass Bonding
- Rubber to Fabric Bonding
- Cobalt Promoted Metal Adhesion
- Rubber to Thermoplastics Bonding
- Rubber to Rubber Bonding
- Cyanoacrylate Bonding
- Waterborne Bonding Systems
- Post Vulcanisation Bonding
- Bonding of Silicone Rubber
- Bonding Applications in power transmission belting
- Tyre Cord adhesion
- Failure in Rubber to Metal Bonding
Although there is some discussion of relevant theory in various sections of text, the emphasis in this volume has been to concentrate on the practicalities of bonding of rubbers, to themselves and substrates. It is considered that this type of information is of immediate interest to the practising technologist dealing with shop floor problems on a daily basis.
This book will be ideal for those who are just about to embark upon the practice of bonding rubbers but it will be equally useful to those practitioners already involved in this field.