The TESCAN VEGA3 is a versatile tungsten thermionic emission SEM system designed for both high- and low-vacuum operations. VEGA3 is furnished with modern electron optics based on a unique four-lens Wide Field Optics™ design with a proprietary intermediate lens. This feature allows a wide scope of imaging modes with valuable capabilities.
The modes are:
- Wide Field
Operation is extremely simple, and as they are fully automated, shifting between the different imaging modes is quick and easy. The TESCAN In-Flight Beam Tracing™ technology optimizes all the parameters of the electron beam. This is assured by a continual aperture optimization which guarantees minimum possible spot size over the total range of electron currents.
Each time a change in operating conditions is made, the calculation of the optimal parameters is done in-flight, maximizing beam performance. VEGA3 has a choice of up to four different chamber sizes, a large scope of ports, and optimized geometry for WDX, EDX, and EBSD, including multiple detector systems.
Robust stage with maximum sample height bearing up to 8 Kg depending on the chamber configuration. The extended low-vacuum mode permits imaging on non-conductive samples including biological specimens. VEGA3 is an ideal choice for those looking for a fully functional and reliable entry-level SEM system with a great price-to-performance ratio.
- Sophisticated software for image acquisition, SEM control, archiving, processing and analysis; multi-user environment localized in many languages
- Quick and easy obtaining of the clean chamber vacuum by powerful turbomolecular and rotary fore vacuum pump
- Superior specimen handling utilizing a fully motorized compucentric stage
- The proprietary Intermediate Lens (IML) that works as an "aperture changer" makes the exchange of the effective final aperture in an electromagnetic way
- Real time In-Flight Beam Tracing™ for the performance and beam optimization integrating the well-established software Electron Optical Design
- High-throughput large-area automation, e.g., automated particle location and analysis
- Fully automated microscope set-up including electron optics set-up and alignment
- Network operations and built-in remote access/diagnostics, all come as the TESCAN standard
- Unique live stereoscopic imaging utilizing the 3D Beam Technology
- Unique four-lens Wide Field Optics™ design offering the variety of working and displaying modes embodying the TESCAN proprietary Intermediate Lens (IML) for the beam aperture optimization
- The column construction, without any mechanical centring elements, allows fully automated column set-up and alignment
- Ideal geometry for EDX, WDX, EBSD; non-distorted EBSD pattern
Versatile Tungsten Thermionic Emission SEM System - VEGA3