X-ray diffraction has undoubtedly been integral towards materials science research. We want to gather the XRD community to share knowledge and gain ideas on how to improve materials research. For the upcoming series of Malvern Panalytical’s XRD workshops across the Asia Pacific region, we have invited our leading specialist, Dr Marco Sommariva, to share his knowledge.
Interested to learn more about XRD applications and the latest analytical solutions?
Join us at AXAA 2020, which would be hosted at Bond University from 29 April till 1 May. We are a proud platinum sponsor. Look forward to an interactive line up of analytical solutions from XRD, elemental analysis using XRF, fusion sample preparations, particle size distribution analysis as well as as near infra-red. For more information, click here.
Interested in more XRD workshops?
- 23 - 24 Apr (Perth): Better XRD data quality and results interpretation workshop. Register here
- Date: April 27 2020 - April 28 2020
- Time: 09:30 - 17:30 (GMT+10:00) AUS Eastern [Brisbane]
- Country: Australia
- Location: Bond University, 14 University Drive, Gold Coast, Australia, 4226
- Event type: Seminar
- Language: English
* Each attendee will be given a free trial version of the software. Attendees are requested to bring their own laptop for this segment.
About Dr Marco Sommariva, Head Application Specialist for XRD Competency Center from our HQ in the Netherlands
Dr Sommariva studied Material Science in Milan (Italy), with a thesis on synthesis and characterization of solid electrolytes for lithium batteries. Marco then moved on with a post-doc at the British ISIS neutron source working on a project about complex hydrides for hydrogen storage, before joining Malvern Panalytical in 2011. He is the head of Malvern Panalytical's XRD Competency Center in the Netherlands.
*Complimentary entry upon registration*
Benefit from our full day interactive learning workshop
- Learn the basics of powder XRD
- Pick up tips on how to properly prepare your samples, ensure optimized measurement conditions and good data quality
- Learn how to perform phase ID on our HighScore software
- Gain confidence in advanced XRD analysis using Rietveld Refinement
Register for event