Loughborough University, Department of Materials
44 (1509) 223169
Click here to visit Web Site
Born in Salem, India. Attained B.Sc., (Physics) from Bharathiar University; M.Sc., (Materials Science) from PSG College of Technology and Ph.D (Solid State & Structural Chemistry) from Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India. Three years Post Doctoral Fellowship at the Materials Research Laboratory of the Pennsylvania State University, USA and then joined Loughborough University, UK as a Senior Research Associate. Worked as a Lead-Scientist in General Electric Corporation - Global Research (GE-GRC) between 2004-06 before joining the Department of Materials as a Lecturer in September 2006.
- ‘Microwave effects in PZT synthesis: Enhanced kinetics and changed mechanisms’, Vaidhyanathan B, Singh A, Shrout T, Agrawal DK and Roy R, Journal of American Ceramics Society, 84 , 1197 (2001).
- ‘Microwave Processing of Integrated Passive Devices’, Vaidhyanathan B, Annapoorani K, Binner JGP, Ramesh R, Microwave Processing and Applications, Edited by D. Foltz et al, 423-432, Published by The American Ceramics Society, (2003).
- ‘Microwave-Assisted Synthesis and Sintering of NZP Compounds’, Vaidhyanathan B, Agrawal DK, Roy R, Journal of the American Ceramic Society, 87, 834-839, (2004).
- ‘Novel processing of nanostructured ceramics using microwaves’, Vaidhyanathan B and Binner JGP, Microwave Processing and Applications, Edited by R. Schulz et al, Published by The American Ceramics Society, p191-198, (2005).
- ‘Microwave assisted synthesis of nanocrystalline YAG’, Vaidhyanathan B and Binner JGP, Journal of Materials Science, 41(18), p5954-5957 (2006).
- ‘Evidence of microwave effect during annealing of ZnO’, Binner JGP, Wang J, Vaidhyanathan B, Joomun NI, Kilner JA, Journal of American Ceramics Society, V90(9), p 2693-2697, (2007).